U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 08:44 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,283,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No.....and no!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 08:50 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,283,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Women wearing Birkenstocks and socks are very sexy, not because the look itself is alluring but because women who wear Birkenstocks and socks are generally smart and uninhibited. And smart and uninhibited is VERY sexy.
I am SOOO tired of women who embrace their looks and sex appeal being told that we aren't "smart". I can be both "sexy" AND "smart" and as a matter of fact, I am.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:09 AM

10,152 posts, read 18,135,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am SOOO tired of women who embrace their looks and sex appeal being told that we aren't "smart". I can be both "sexy" AND "smart" and as a matter of fact, I am.
If you're so smart you should know I neither said or implied that women who "embrace their looks and sex appeal" (in a conventional manner I take it) aren't smart. In any event if you're such a swell dish you needn't feel threatened by my opinion of what's sexy, indulge me.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:38 AM

2,572 posts, read 6,265,030 times
Quote:

I think people are basing their comments on the idea that all Birkies still look like this (which I agree, are ugly, and hurt my feet):

They have branched out a bit folks!

My last pair looked like these:

And these aren't too terribly different from the Mephistos posted:

Old 08-09-2013, 02:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,680 times
I was having trouble with my arches and my doctor wanted to put me in orthopedic shoes. If you think Berkenstocks are ugly, take a look at those orthopedic shoes. I told the doctor I wouldn't wear them so he told me to get some Berkenstocks.

I have five pair. Two black, two brown and one holocaust red. I prefer the ones called Birkies because they have a black footpad that doesn't show dirt. I live in Florida and wear them year round. Some of mine have two straps, some have three straps. I buy a size larger for winter to accomodate the thick socks I wear with them and I have fun with those colorful woolie socks.

I found a company in Germany (Birkenstock won't sell them to individuals) that has good sales and was able to get most of mine for around $35 a pair..including shipping. Rarely ever wear any other kind of shoes except when I wear a dress which isn't often. :-)

Old 08-09-2013, 04:48 AM

6,220 posts, read 7,403,050 times
Beauty is, indeed, in the eye of the beer holder.

There comes a time in life, if you live long enough, when you are just happy to be able to walk, never mind what you have on your feet. While I, personally, would never wear socks with my Birk knock-offs, (or any other sandals in my shoe closet) I leave that choice to those who may have cold feet, or misshapen feet, without comment.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:57 AM

31,180 posts, read 57,317,340 times
Quote:
Except for the heels on the first pair, neither of them look all that different from some styles of Birks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
I think people are basing their comments on the idea that all Birkies still look like this:
I think you're right. Perhaps some folks need to educate themselves before posting.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:30 AM

75 posts, read 65,418 times
I'm from Vermont, where it's the norm to rock the Birks n' socks. I love them, but they are sooo uncomfortable to me!

Old 08-09-2013, 08:05 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,566,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Except for the heels on the first pair, neither of them look all that different from some styles of Birks.
I agree with you, not much difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
I think people are basing their comments on the idea that all Birkies still look like this (which I agree, are ugly, and hurt my feet):
They have branched out a bit folks!

My last pair looked like these:
And these aren't too terribly different from the Mephistos posted:
Like the second pair but Mephisto's are much more expensive than Birks (unless you can find them
somewhere on line).

Old 08-09-2013, 10:29 AM

261 posts, read 274,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Filly View Post
I was having trouble with my arches and my doctor wanted to put me in orthopedic shoes. If you think Berkenstocks are ugly, take a look at those orthopedic shoes. I told the doctor I wouldn't wear them so he told me to get some Berkenstocks.

I have five pair. Two black, two brown and one holocaust red. I prefer the ones called Birkies because they have a black footpad that doesn't show dirt. I live in Florida and wear them year round. Some of mine have two straps, some have three straps. I buy a size larger for winter to accomodate the thick socks I wear with them and I have fun with those colorful woolie socks.

I found a company in Germany (Birkenstock won't sell them to individuals) that has good sales and was able to get most of mine for around $35 a pair..including shipping. Rarely ever wear any other kind of shoes except when I wear a dress which isn't often. :-)
Who names a color after the Holocaust?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty