U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-12-2013, 08:16 PM
 
10,403 posts, read 7,483,693 times
Reputation: 18336

Advertisements

I think people should keep themselves fit and dress appropriately but it's really not my business what they choose to wear.

So all you people who are criticizing others and are way overweight, you're worrying about the speck in your brother's eye when there's a plank stuck in your own.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2013, 08:28 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,716 posts, read 64,203,456 times
Reputation: 68513
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I don't see any problem with old guys dressing young. The bigger problem I see is guys who dress out of date. Example: shorts with knee high white socks. I mean come on. The 1970s just called. They want their fashion back.
I've never seen the shorts with knee-high socks anywhere, except in photos of explorers ("Dr. Livingston, I presume?") and of regional governors of the British Empire in weekend wear. Was this a Mid-West USA thing? Why do people keep bringing this up around the forum?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2013, 07:33 AM
 
1,463 posts, read 1,813,267 times
Reputation: 2481
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I see them sometimes. Hard look to pull off if you are younger, but it can totally work.

Oh did I forget? When I see someone over 25 wearing this, I just try not to laugh:

http://tokyofashion.com/wp-content/u...s-Harajuku.jpg


***

This look is just way too popular. I see 30-40 year olds. Occasionally older people wearing this almost daily somewhere. Automatic rejection if you are hitting on me.
Ughhhh... well the shirt is fine by me, but the pants and shoes look, yuck. I don't even care for that on someone under 25 really.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2013, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,877 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Reputation: 25993
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I think people should keep themselves fit and dress appropriately but it's really not my business what they choose to wear.

So all you people who are criticizing others and are way overweight, you're worrying about the speck in your brother's eye when there's a plank stuck in your own.
Everyone has the right to respectfully share their wardrobe opinions. Whether you find them hot or not.


I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,877 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Reputation: 25993
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
Ughhhh... well the shirt is fine by me, but the pants and shoes look, yuck. I don't even care for that on someone under 25 really.
I give people under 25 a pass since they are still finding themselves. Hopefully the lose the white tee, baggy jeans look on their 26 b-day permanently.


I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2013, 09:05 AM
 
284 posts, read 270,102 times
Reputation: 211
Guilty as charged. I'm 37 and mainly work from home so my attire consisits of longer than knee length shorts a wife beater or t-shirt and either some crosstrainers or high tops. I will atleast make sure my Yankee fitted is atleast color comboed w/what i'm wearing. Since I can only shop at Big/Tall stores my formal clothes are for office/formal settings as even a regular pair of khakis is going to run me atleast $80. My thought pattern is that becuse i'm in shape and look a few years young that I can get away with it for the time being.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2013, 09:30 AM
 
1,463 posts, read 1,813,267 times
Reputation: 2481
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Everyone has the right to respectfully share their wardrobe opinions. Whether you find them hot or not.
LOL yes and I like how the poster says we are "all overweight" LMAO as if they know what we all look like. As I've said on other threads, this is a forum to discuss things, and give opinions. If we can't talk about that, then the forum wouldn't exist! What would be the point? If a member can't handle that people want to discuss their opinions, then they shouldn't log on and read the posts. It's not judgemental to not like something; it would be judgemental if we were saying, "OMG that person must be a nasty horrible bad person who is a drain on society if he wears that!" no - we are saying we don't like THE FASHION - NOT the person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I give people under 25 a pass since they are still finding themselves. Hopefully the lose the white tee, baggy jeans look on their 26 b-day permanently.
That is true. I don't tend to think a white tee is bad, but it does depend on the setting. I know when I'm around the house or just going to the grocery store, obviously I'm not as picky as when I'm going out to dinner, work, etc. But again his jeans really bug me. JMO though - I think if he were just wearing a white tee but he changed up the rest it could work. I see people wearing white tees a lot and they don't look bad, but it does depend on the whole ensemble too. Sometimes one thing can make or break a whole outfit.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,877 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Reputation: 25993
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post

That is true. I don't tend to think a white tee is bad, but it does depend on the setting. I know when I'm around the house or just going to the grocery store, obviously I'm not as picky as when I'm going out to dinner, work, etc. But again his jeans really bug me. JMO though - I think if he were just wearing a white tee but he changed up the rest it could work. I see people wearing white tees a lot and they don't look bad, but it does depend on the whole ensemble too. Sometimes one thing can make or break a whole outfit.
I don't like the "white tee" look. Well the pic I posted wasn't that bad. But the real trend is the men who wear baggy jeans plus an XXXXXXL tee, when they need a medium max. It is just hilarious. The 5'10 140 pound guy has on a tee shirt that would be baggy on the 350 pound linebacker. I didn't find a good pic on my 5 second google search.

Even more hilarious, some people think it is dressed up! And appropriate for work.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2013, 10:16 AM
 
1,463 posts, read 1,813,267 times
Reputation: 2481
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I don't like the "white tee" look. Well the pic I posted wasn't that bad. But the real trend is the men who wear baggy jeans plus an XXXXXXL tee, when they need a medium max. It is just hilarious. The 5'10 140 pound guy has on a tee shirt that would be baggy on the 350 pound linebacker. I didn't find a good pic on my 5 second google search.

Even more hilarious, some people think it is dressed up! And appropriate for work.
HA HA Yes! I never really understood that either?? Esp thinking it's dressed up? I was thinking the white tee was fine if it fit correctly. I mean, I'm no fashionista and I admit I'm not the best at fashion choices all the time, but I can't figure out where people get that this trend is a good fashion idea especially for work.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2013, 10:44 AM
 
5,017 posts, read 4,833,112 times
Reputation: 11667
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
So all you people who are criticizing others and are way overweight, you're worrying about the speck in your brother's eye when there's a plank stuck in your own.
So if I am very fit then I can criticize? YES!!! Woo Hoo, finally, someone who gets it.

Hey all you Ed Hardy shirt (I had to Google that too, I think we're bringing down that search engine down with all our Ed Hardy searches) wearing idiots, you're all the epitomy of moronic fools. I wouldn't let my camel spit on you. Your fashion sense is certain to be remembered as the most pathetic part of your life and will surely overshadow any good you endeavor to achieve. Best of luck jackwad. On second though, I will let my camel spit on you, you're welcome.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top