Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:20 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,949,595 times

Advertisements

I probably don't dress my age. 28, still wearing Nikes, tshirts, and jeans. The photo on my page is my normal attire. When I go out, I do wear western style long sleeve shirts and boots with jeans.

My hair is kinda long so I do wear my hat backwards somewhats with my hair in the front hitting my eyebrows...so I look like a 8 year old I suppose.

Then again, I do like younger gals so dressing my age isn't what I really want to do anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 12:39 PM

4,243 posts, read 7,156,821 times
I had lost a ton of weight after my partner passed, so was sort of shocked that I was approaching my college-young adult waistline...shocked and flattered....

...so I went out and got into this "tight clothes" look... tight black skinny jean, Alfani boots, tight black or gray T shirt, neck chain, assecorized with a chain wallet w keys on a ring keychain, wristband, braided neck chain.....and shaved my head.

I eventually came to realize I looked ridiculous (since I am in my early/mid 50s), so going back to my generic shorts/topsiders/hawain shirt look (or some "I -was-here' "message' T shirt, like Dayton Blues Fest 2008 or something like that) ..during the summer....

Old 08-13-2013, 02:56 PM

632 posts, read 930,418 times
People keep mentioning baggy pants and shirts as being a "youthful" look, but that's out of style among most younger people. The style now is more fitted jeans/pants and t-shirts. Even shorts aren't as long as they used to be unless they're basketball shorts.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:18 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,968,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
The style now is more fitted jeans/pants and t-shirts. Even shorts aren't as long as they used to be unless they're basketball shorts.
What's more, that shift began, what, maybe a decade ago?

Old 08-13-2013, 03:20 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,255,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I probably don't dress my age. 28, still wearing Nikes, tshirts, and jeans.
Personally I don't believe that jeans and tshirts are only for people under 25. Obviously it depends on where you are going, if it's not appropriate for work, etc that's different. But everyone I know over 25 wears jeans all the time - movies, farmers market, casual dining, friends house, shopping, vacations, the zoo, etc. I don't consider jeans and tshirts only for the under-25 set.

Quote:
People keep mentioning baggy pants and shirts as being a "youthful" look, but that's out of style among most younger people. The style now is more fitted jeans/pants and t-shirts. Even shorts aren't as long as they used to be unless they're basketball shorts.
I thought so too... esp on women.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:37 PM

632 posts, read 930,418 times
Quote:
I probably don't dress my age. 28, still wearing Nikes, tshirts, and jeans. The photo on my page is my normal attire. When I go out, I do wear western style long sleeve shirts and boots with jeans.
I'm about the same age as you and that sums up most of my casual wardrobe too. I think this look works well for most age groups as long as it's not sloppy.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:57 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,784,942 times
Quote:
It was for those people who didn't grow out of it. :P

Now the kids are sagging with skinnies. So sagging with baggy pants is extra lame. It means you did not throw out your high school wardrobe.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:34 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,742,717 times
Quote:

My hair is kinda long so I do wear my hat backwards somewhats with my hair in the front hitting my eyebrows...so I look like a 8 year old I suppose.

Then again, I do like younger gals so dressing my age isn't what I really want to do anyways.
I think Nikes, t-shirts and jeans are timeless or age neutral attire. You can get away with that look at any age.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:48 PM

35 posts, read 44,794 times
I saw a guy clearly in his late 50's dressed in the sort of fashion you would only see on a twenty-something guy. I remembered how I thought it was so sad to see someone that old trying in vain to hold on to his youthful image that left him years ago. It looks weird and women who do the same thing also look pathetic in outfits that are way too young for them. On the other hand, if you have a youthful appearance and are in good shape physically, then go for it and shake your money maker!

Old 09-02-2013, 06:55 AM

18,948 posts, read 43,421,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I think Nikes, t-shirts and jeans are timeless or age neutral attire. You can get away with that look at any age.
I agree, I dress like that and I'm 34.

For a slightly more "adult look", I wear Levi's 514's, a polo shirt (IZOD or Ralph Lauren), and a pair of Merrells. Sometimes I may wear a Nautica or UnderArmour ball cap, but only if it matches my shirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty