U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2013, 02:35 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times
Reputation: 21003

Advertisements

Now by this I dont mean a man keeping himself nice and fashionable, I mean the ones who want to be Peter Pan's forever... theres one down our pub , he s overweight but around fifty, and he cant wait for the sun to shine to get out his three quarter length gonky looking wide shorts.. his white socks with a bright brand sticker and matching white trainers.. that look as if their just out the box for the occassion.. he prances up and down the pub going to the loo about five time to make sure the females in the joint get a full view of his creation... Not to mention his cutaway t shirt. emblazzoned with some daft slogan about being IT or SEXY.... then as someone wafts in the door he feels a draught even in high temperatures... but just enough so that he can swirl his imitation cashmere gold jumper round his back tying it in a slack knot at the front..... my drink now goes everywhere and I have to leave Oh near forgot, his bright yellow baseball cap is lying on the bar.... pray someone drops a drink on it before he leaves..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 AM
 
Location: Keizer, OR
1,376 posts, read 2,405,624 times
Reputation: 1127
I guess I'm guilty of this.
I'm 21, but I dress like a teen from the mid-90s, with stuff like ripped, baggy jeans, graphic tees, flannel jackets, baseball caps (preferably backwards), trainers like Nike or Converse. It doesn't help that I have a baby face either, without my facial hair I'd probably get mistaken for 15-16.
Not as bad as when I was in High School, and looked like I walked out of a bad 80s film with my fluorescent coloured jeans and chequered arm warmers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 02:54 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times
Reputation: 21003
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlanderinOC View Post
I guess I'm guilty of this.
I'm 21, but I dress like a teen from the mid-90s, with stuff like ripped, baggy jeans, graphic tees, flannel jackets, baseball caps (preferably backwards), trainers like Nike or Converse. It doesn't help that I have a baby face either, without my facial hair I'd probably get mistaken for 15-16.
Not as bad as when I was in High School, and looked like I walked out of a bad 80s film with my fluorescent coloured jeans and chequered arm warmers.
Your only a baby...and allowed this sort of thing, so carry on.. I mean the silly older men who are just embarrassing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 03:16 AM
 
84 posts, read 86,520 times
Reputation: 54
I think wearing weird dress should be avoided else than this anyone can wear anything, you can bound them for wearing as per your fashion sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Annandale, VA
5,098 posts, read 4,122,845 times
Reputation: 4199
I still don't get the wearing a baseball cap backwards look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times
Reputation: 21003
cute on babies though

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,371 posts, read 17,488,660 times
Reputation: 18346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I still don't get the wearing a baseball cap backwards look.
Same here. In New England that is standard attire in any sports bar or tavern.

I've seen my share of 40+ year old men sporting the too tight Abercrombie/Hollister t-shirts and the faux-hawks. It would be nice if they could find a way to split the diffference between dad-jeans with tucked in polos and Affliction tees and backwards ball caps. Somewhere there is a middle ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Annandale, VA
5,098 posts, read 4,122,845 times
Reputation: 4199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Same here. In New England that is standard attire in any sports bar or tavern.

I've seen my share of 40+ year old men sporting the too tight Abercrombie/Hollister t-shirts and the faux-hawks. It would be nice if they could find a way to split the diffference between dad-jeans with tucked in polos and Affliction tees and backwards ball caps. Somewhere there is a middle ground.

I guess if they shave their chest and lift a few weights they are entitled to dress like a kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 AM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,426 posts, read 35,707,564 times
Reputation: 38829
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
hree quarter length gonky looking wide shorts.. his white socks with a bright brand sticker and matching white trainers..
That look is good on no one, young or old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 09:34 AM
 
2,350 posts, read 4,259,872 times
Reputation: 2946
Flip flops and surfer shorts on flabby 50+ year old men who haven't been to the beach in ten years. Gross. Pasty white legs, long disgusting toenails, and edema lines on their legs from where their socks had been a few hours earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top