U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find tattoos acceptable?
Yes - Whether you have them or not 17 31.48%
No - Whether you have them or not 20 37.04%
Neutral - They don't bother you to a certain extent 17 31.48%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 01:54 PM

15 posts, read 25,035 times

Advertisements

Searching through these forums I come across a lot of negative feedback on tattoo's. It spikes my curiosity on what other believe.

A little about myself...
I am very tattooed. I take pride in my custom art and choose to display this art on my body. They are made of stories, my past, family, etc. None of them were spontaneous or following a fad, nor done because I was "insecure", as most believe. I was raised very religious and feel it does not go against my beliefs or morals. I also have them in places where my financial business attire covers them completely to keep a professional manner at work and with my clients. I'm a soccer mom and an avid member in our catholic masses.

So yes, kids follow fads because they'd like to be cool. But what about those that are not "satanic, insecure, shallow, etc"?

Thoughts? =)
And remember, to each their own. Just looking for others thoughts, not attacks.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:03 PM

2,827 posts, read 3,052,741 times
I think they are ok as long as they look good/elaborate and can be covered up when appropriate. I would strongly prefer an S/O did not have any though. I don't have any myself.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:04 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,364,259 times
Wouldn't this be more appropriate for another forum? Something to do with lifestyles, maybe? Although people wear less clothing in Florida and tats tends to be more visible, tats are fairly common everywhere.

I personally am not a fan of tats, except for the old time Navy tats, I once knew a guy who had a couple of those, he was an old salt and the work was really good. For some reason, just my own particular point of view, those are the only tats I really like. The rest kind of just looks like body grafitti to me.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:08 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,455,684 times
I think alot more folks are inked up down here compared to other places in the country I have lived/visited.

I have two myself, both are covered by a short-sleeve golf shirt which is my "work" attire of choice. I plan on getting more, and really have no restrictions. Hell, my boss has a full sleeve. But, I don't think I will get any on my forearms and definitely not on hands, neck face, etc.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:26 PM

184 posts, read 280,931 times
I have spent the past 21 yrs in Marine Corps towns so it was always pawn shops, topless bars, and tattoo shops, and almost everyone had tattoo's. My husband has 2 both Marine Corps inspired. I have 2 also, one I got while in the Navy and I am very proud of it. The other is one large heart with 2 small hearts branching off of it. When my oldest turned 18 she designed it to represent me and my 2 girls and we got it together. When my 17yo turns 18 she will get it also and we will add live on hers love on mine and laugh on my oldest daughters. I think as long as they have meaning they are great. I am getting one more that says Always and Forever and my husband is getting Forever and Always. For the last 21 years of deployments for training and/or wartime that is how we always signed our letters. Mine can be easily covered if I need to go to a formal event. I do believe one shouldnt judge or profile someone because they have tattoos.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:58 PM

27,798 posts, read 24,867,080 times
Not a fan of them - probably a generational thing. Don't like men wearing nose rings/earrings either.

Could be a socioeconomic thing as well - is personal income/wealth and the number of tattoos one has inversely related?

Old 08-08-2013, 02:59 PM

4,204 posts, read 5,472,900 times
I like them.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:04 PM

184 posts, read 280,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Not a fan of them - probably a generational thing. Don't like men wearing nose rings/earrings either.

Could be a socioeconomic thing as well - is personal income/wealth and the number of tattoos one has inversely related?
Im not a fan of facial piercings at all!!

Old 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,633,652 times
I voted neutral. I really don't care except for the face and neck tattoos.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM

25,343 posts, read 37,480,980 times
I don't like tattoos at all but some are done in a nice way and I tend to look what the meaning is...some are so ridiculous like a girl I saw last week at the Rays game who had a spine tattood on her spine...perhaps a reason behind it but it looked hidious!

Some people don't pay the rent on time but seem to have the money to put more and more ink on their body which is also ridiculous.

When tattoos tell a story it can be special but I would never get any tattoo on my body but this is a free country...so go ahead and do what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty