Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Mister, do you prefer thin legs or thick legs on a woman?
Thin legs 66 38.15%
Thick legs 92 53.18%
Undecided 15 8.67%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 02:07 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,945,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I suppose I agree that legs shouldn't touch above the ankles, but is it common for them to touch at the thighs on an in-shape woman? I'm unable to pick between thin and thick legs, though if a very high percentage of the weight is in the legs, no thanks. Also, I have a vague fear that thick legs signal higher risk of getting fat someday.
Like women can control that.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:51 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,751,934 times
FWIW, I find women with legs so thin they have an open T-slot very unattractive.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:11 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
I was recently told that 'the only place a womans legs should touch was at her ankles' so I'm guessing that guy preferred thin. For the most part I'd say men prefer very thin legs, where the thighs aren't much bigger than the calves.

Doesn't explain all the guys who think Kim K and Coco have great figures with their big butts, hips & thighs. Personally I think they look overweight but I guess their look is the new "thing".

Old 10-13-2018, 09:41 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
my SO is a dancer (Ballet and contemporary mainly) and I love that she is thin but muscular as a result. However, as with any other thing related to attractiveness, it's going to vary person to person. There isn't a binary set of options that I think are exclusively attractive.

And related, I will say this, as a guy, I HATE when other guys use terms like 'supposed to' 'need' 'should/shouldn't' etc. regarding women's bodies.

IE A woman's thighs shouldnt touch here. A woman's butt shouldnt look like this. A real woman has boobs this big. A woman is supposed to have this kind of shape. etc.

People's body types are way different - healthy or unhealthy. It is completely ok to PREFER a certain shape or size or color, but using these absolutes make it seem like you think the world revolves around you and every woman's existence is purely based upon your sexual attractiveness preferences. And frankly it's kind of gross.

Old 10-13-2018, 11:41 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
"Should" as according to the normal distribution in nature. It's not like I myself have a preference over thin legs vs. thick, since I voted "Undecided." It doesn't look like Kim K's legs touch, which demonstrates that thickness and touching each other aren't the same thing.

My thread, as dredged up, should stick to the question I posed.

Old 10-13-2018, 11:54 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
"Should" as according to the normal distribution in nature. It's not like I myself have a preference over thin legs vs. thick, since I voted "Undecided." It doesn't look like Kim K's legs touch, which demonstrates that thickness and touching each other aren't the same thing.

My thread, as dredged up, should stick to the question I posed.
I've never even heard of "thick legs", lol. What does it mean? The links earlier in the thread no longer work. 4-yr-old thread.

Old 10-13-2018, 02:12 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
There's no clinical definition.

Tina Turner's legs in pictures usually look on the thick side.

For legs of normal thickness that are close to universal appeal, I'll surprisingly cite Mariah Carey, circa 2000. She's not known for that now, but pictures speak for themselves and her legs reportedly were insured for a million dollars.
http://cdn.jellyshare.com/gallery/14...riah-carey.jpg

Use that Mariah (or almost any swimsuit model's legs) as the mid-point. Wider circumference is "thick," narrower is "thin."

Old 10-13-2018, 02:50 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
There's no clinical definition.

Tina Turner's legs in pictures usually look on the thick side.

For legs of normal thickness that are close to universal appeal, I'll surprisingly cite Mariah Carey, circa 2000. She's not known for that now, but pictures speak for themselves and her legs reportedly were insured for a million dollars.
http://cdn.jellyshare.com/gallery/14...riah-carey.jpg

Use that Mariah (or almost any swimsuit model's legs) as the mid-point. Wider circumference is "thick," narrower is "thin."
Mariah’s legs would be skinny in my own definition based on that picture.

But obviously thick/thin is individual and based on your own context.

Here is a person I’d say has thick legs: fitness model Lita Lewis.

https://www.instagram.com/followthelita/

Old 10-13-2018, 03:50 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,323,735 times
I don't think it matters. If they're thin and covered with cellulite they're not attractive. If they're thin and toned, they are. Same with thick. It isn't about thin vs thick, it is about healthy and toned.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:56 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Thicc tree trunks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty