U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Mister, do you prefer thin legs or thick legs on a woman?
Thin legs 66 38.15%
Thick legs 92 53.18%
Undecided 15 8.67%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 07:19 PM

72,867 posts, read 64,312,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
There's no clinical definition.

Tina Turner's legs in pictures usually look on the thick side.

For legs of normal thickness that are close to universal appeal, I'll surprisingly cite Mariah Carey, circa 2000. She's not known for that now, but pictures speak for themselves and her legs reportedly were insured for a million dollars.
http://cdn.jellyshare.com/gallery/14...riah-carey.jpg

Use that Mariah (or almost any swimsuit model's legs) as the mid-point. Wider circumference is "thick," narrower is "thin."
Those aren't thick. They're pretty close to what's been the ideal for generations. I do recall Tina Turner's legs, so I see what you mean, there. So you're saying those are preferable to some men, vs. what one might call "willowy", which is more of a north Euro type. I gotcha. Some of the shorter Middle=Eastern women are thicker in the thighs, too; I've noticed that photos of those get positive reviews from some of the guys, here. It's a certain type of build.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:28 PM

5,758 posts, read 3,197,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
I've heard this "thigh gap" trend is almost unattainable by any woman, if her ankles are touching. Expecting a womans thighs or any part of her legs to not touch at all when her ankles are not touching is almost impossible and unrealistic. I am sure there are some women out there who can, but on the majority of women I don't think it's possible to achieve while putting their ankles together.
Thigh gap isnít something one obtains... you either have it or you donít.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:35 AM

9,130 posts, read 3,944,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Thigh gap isnít something one obtains... you either have it or you donít.
Exactly - it's not something women can control - either you have it or you don't. I guess if a woman starved herself she might be able to get that thigh gap but then she would probably look anorexic.

From Wiki: "An inner thigh gap is often seen on very lean individuals, but it also has something to do with the width of your hips compared to the length of your femoral head. In the case of the latter, thereís not a whole lot that you can do to change how far apart your thighs are from one another (it has to do with bone structure)."

Old 10-15-2018, 12:39 PM

2,652 posts, read 2,122,646 times
Most people aren't "very lean." There's literal room for most women without going to unhealthy extremes. Also, speaking partly from personal experience, weak muscles at the hips can cause knees to rotate; the knock-knees version of that seems to be common in normal-weight women, maybe partly because women are taught to sit and possibly stand with legs unnaturally close together, and physically therapy alleviates it. That's all I want to say on the subject. This is supposed to be about aesthetic preferences; it is not a discussion or poll about thigh gap (and judging by the results, the crowd doesn't care much about thigh gap).

Old 10-15-2018, 04:07 PM

552 posts, read 410,579 times
For the purpose of the subject, in Fashion thin legs are better to look in shorts, short skirts and dresses in general. Just look at the models, almost all have thin legs.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:18 PM

13,236 posts, read 11,784,350 times
Iím not a guy and Iíve probably already answered this question, but I think Britney Spears has great legs. Not too thick, not too thin, and very shapely. She has a great figure in general. She looks fit and healthy.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
For the purpose of the subject, in Fashion thin legs are better to look in shorts, short skirts and dresses in general. Just look at the models, almost all have thin legs.
Why would it matter in dresses? Yes, I agree about thin legs usually looking better than thick in shorts and (not my idea of appropriate) short skirts.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:56 PM

Britney to me has legs very similar to Tina Turner's (about the same height, too, thought Tina was taller), often a little thick (some of us have different cultural standards) and with some extra thigh muscle. I don't like overt quadricep muscle, on women or men. I don't think I have it (and there's some hair as coverage), and I don't want it. (I have made my legs very strong through exercise. Maybe it's weird that they aren't more muscular.) However, I like the look of hamstring muscle, which prevents me from voting "Thin."

In conclusion, I like long legs of around normal width. I guess other than that, I don't really notice legs unless the width is extreme one way or another or the legs are mostly or fully uncovered.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:43 PM

13,831 posts, read 12,634,052 times
Quote:
Why would it matter in dresses? Yes, I agree about thin legs usually looking better than thick in shorts and (not my idea of appropriate) short skirts.
It wouldn't.
Actually dresses look better on women with longer/thinner waists, lower hips, and usually this type of body implies heavier legs.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:10 AM

3,426 posts, read 2,904,760 times
Quote:
Men: Thin Legs or Thick Legs on Women?

Thin legs or thick legs on a presumably fertile woman in the normal weight range (and let's assume the legs are smooth, have normal skin, have some muscle tone, and are otherwise the same) - which do you prefer and why? [Yeah, possibly sexist, but also interesting]
Oh man, how is it that I missed this several years old thread?

I tend to like the thicker legs on women. But, they have to have small/tiny knees and ankles.

It also kinda depends on how you are defining "thick" versus "thin". There are many really thin women who have "thick" (i.e., muscular legs). Like many women I see who do yoga and/or crossfit. I really like (among one very obvious thing) the legs on sprinters/long jumpers like Swedish athlete Khaddi Sagnia. She is someone I would define as having "thick" legs, but on a very slender body:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7s-zdiBEAI

Another really beautiful woman with "thick" legs is Kaisa Kernan. Here is a vid of her below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsquqSfeWEQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or