U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Mister, do you prefer thin legs or thick legs on a woman?
Thin legs 66 38.15%
Thick legs 92 53.18%
Undecided 15 8.67%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 10:19 AM

17,602 posts, read 21,790,175 times

Advertisements

Shapely legs are nice. Not skinny. Not thick.

What does "Thick" even mean? Heavy with too much muscle and no curve?

I think the three diamond model of legs is best - touch at the ankle, the calf, and the very top of the thigh. Lean but curvy. The three touch points create three diamonds.

Not "thick" or "stick".

Old 08-11-2013, 10:33 AM
JL

7,312 posts, read 11,487,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqt View Post
I am female (but bisexual) and definitely prefer thin legs.

Perfect legs imo.

I prefer thin legs also...sizes like these would be just fine too.

TaB cola ad 1982 - YouTube

Tab Cola - YouTube

taller gal wearing shorts

blonde haired one

Last edited by JL; 08-11-2013 at 10:50 AM..

Old 08-11-2013, 10:35 AM

2,652 posts, read 2,122,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Well, being thin, my thighs don't touch, but in proportion to my body they are not really skinny, just slender. Part of it is they tend to be thicker the other way, supporting my "bubble butt". But I think most people would still say they're thin.

I prefer slender legs, on both men & women. Shapeliness & length make a difference also. Ugly legs on a man is a real turn-off for me, I must admit.

I heard once that ideal legs touch in 3 places - at the knee, mid calf & at the ankle.
Isn't that saying that the ideal female legs are knock-kneed? I don't agree, but I do deem knock knees feminine, just not in a good way.

Also, I agree with people's later comments about thighs touching at the very top being okay or normal, but unfortunately that's not something I get to see (on the right women) in public (Maybe if I went to swimming places.)

J. Lo looks like she has a moderate amount of cellulite. That's another argument I would make against thick legs, since they seem more prone to that. I guess that is one of those things that has kept "Thin" legs voters from explaining their preference - cowards

Meanwhile, re "thin" legs, I never clarified that I was excluding skinny, by which I mean thighs barely wider than the lower legs. But I can't think of any non-underweight grown woman with legs like that, and I think they look bad.

Lastly, you, @orangeapple - or someone else - can go ahead with a thread asking women about ideal male legs.

Last edited by goodheathen; 08-11-2013 at 11:09 AM..

Old 08-11-2013, 10:57 AM

1,463 posts, read 1,814,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've noticed for most men fit does not necessarily mean fit, it just means thin. I've been running and working towards running in a 5k come Thanksgiving and most of the people I run with are overweight and definitely wouldn't be considered 'fit' if you saw them on the streets. I also know plenty of 'thin' people who couldn't run half a mile without wheezing and stopping, but most people would peg them as 'fit' if they saw them out and about.

So, for the purpose of discussion I think we can agree that 'fit' means thin, and not actually fit.
I completely agree. I used to be much thinner, but was not as fit at that time either.
My legs are way thick - that's just the way I'm made. But they are not proportionate IMO, my calves are genetically big and muscular - I swear I have never met anyone with smaller calves, even people that are 300 lbs. I am way embarrassed by them, and strangers even come up to me and make rude comments. I wish I could have surgery on them. I no longer show them in public. Yes I know, I should rise above it! Yeah easier said than done. If you had them, you wouldn't either I guarantee. It doesn't help that I am way short either. Some length would help.
What you guys consider "thick" is still thinner than my legs.
Even when I weighed 105 I still got comments on how big they were. UGH.
I picked "undecided" on the poll because I think both are good and I'd take either for myself!

Old 08-11-2013, 11:07 AM

2,652 posts, read 2,122,646 times
No offense, but can women please not officially vote? That's why I put "men" in the thread name and "mister" in the poll. If anyone wants to poll women, new thread - although I almost guarantee that "thin" would win there.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:39 PM

2,639 posts, read 5,061,452 times
Perfect legs are ones that are have more on the thighs than the calves, but not so much as to be thicker than the rest of her.

In other words:

Men: Thin Legs or Thick Legs on Women?-raw_1039_photo_129.jpg

Old 08-11-2013, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 18,701 times
there are things I discuss with my wife that I will never tell my family and vice-versa. to keep relationship strong, some things are always left in the past.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:47 PM

72,867 posts, read 64,312,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I suppose I agree that legs shouldn't touch above the ankles, but is it common for them to touch at the thighs on an in-shape woman? I'm unable to pick between thin and thick legs, though if a very high percentage of the weight is in the legs, no thanks. Also, I have a vague fear that thick legs signal higher risk of getting fat someday.
How are we defining "thin" and "thick" for this discussion? And why are thin and thick the only choices? What about shapely legs? Isn't that the ideal? Most men don't find bird legs attractive (with no definition at the calf), nor do they find fat legs attractive. So the answer to the OP's question would be: neither.

Topics like this are meaningless without defining the terms used.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:50 PM

72,867 posts, read 64,312,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've noticed for most men fit does not necessarily mean fit, it just means thin. I've been running and working towards running in a 5k come Thanksgiving and most of the people I run with are overweight and definitely wouldn't be considered 'fit' if you saw them on the streets. I also know plenty of 'thin' people who couldn't run half a mile without wheezing and stopping, but most people would peg them as 'fit' if they saw them out and about.
I've noticed that people tend to label thin women "athletic", which makes no sense. Most women I know so labeled aren't athletic at all. As you said, if forced to run even one block or two, they'd be gasping and wheezing. I don't know where these odd assumptions come from.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:12 PM

103 posts, read 126,029 times
Default Omg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xqt View Post
I am female (but bisexual) and definitely prefer thin legs.

Perfect legs imo.
Really?!

But you're a chick so chicks usually tend towards the anorexic. It's not attractive.

My legs have been praised before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or