U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Mister, do you prefer thin legs or thick legs on a woman?
Thin legs 66 38.15%
Thick legs 92 53.18%
Undecided 15 8.67%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 02:17 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,933,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've noticed for most men fit does not necessarily mean fit, it just means thin. I've been running and working towards running in a 5k come Thanksgiving and most of the people I run with are overweight and definitely wouldn't be considered 'fit' if you saw them on the streets. I also know plenty of 'thin' people who couldn't run half a mile without wheezing and stopping, but most people would peg them as 'fit' if they saw them out and about.

So, for the purpose of discussion I think we can agree that 'fit' means thin, and not actually fit.
Nope. Fit means fit. You can be thin and fit. You can be in the middle and fit. You can be fat and fit.

I love heavier women who work hard on their bodies. Thick and fit is an irresistible combination.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:07 PM

11,444 posts, read 13,995,434 times
Thin.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:12 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,821,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nope. Fit means fit. You can be thin and fit. You can be in the middle and fit. You can be fat and fit.

I love heavier women who work hard on their bodies. Thick and fit is an irresistible combination.
I absolutely agree, especially considering many of the people I run with are overweight but can easily run a 5k or 10k without a problem.

But on this forum, fit seems to be based SOLELY on what you look like, not your actual physical activity.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:24 PM

9,177 posts, read 16,549,469 times
Thin, for now. My wife has long, slender legs. They look great on her.

My late wife had thicker, athletic legs. When married to her, that was my ideal. (Both were track stars in high school, my current long-legged wife was a hurdler and my late wife with her more muscular legs was a sprinter.)

Funny how that works. I was never a breast man until I met my late wife with her DDDs. I became one. Now I'm a leg man. I love the woman and like whatever features she has. I'd guess most of us are like that to some extent.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:47 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,450,412 times
I'm quite surprised that the results are so evenly matched. I thought this forum was populated by men who strongly preferred large bottom halves. Plus there's so much room for interpretation. Are these thick legs or are these? Are these thin legs or are these? There's a lot of room for interpretation.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:44 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,124,903 times
I'd call Emme's legs fat, and the muscular woman's legs are muscular, which isn't what I meant by "thick" (because female bodybuilders are rare and not naturally made that way). Jennifer Aniston's legs are very normal (neither thin nor fat), and the other woman looks anorexic and therefore was excluded by the original post. Jennifer Lopez for most of her career has had what I consider "thick" legs. "Thin" legs - um, I haven't a specific person/look in mind. Maybe Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 PM

24 posts, read 19,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Shapely legs are nice. Not skinny. Not thick.

Not "thick" or "stick".
Agreed. I prefer women's legs that are shapely without much fat, but I don't like lean, concave inner thighs that result in a large (greater than 1 inch) gap between them. I like the inner thighs to have some curve.

Reason for my preference: shapely but not thin legs suggest to me that the woman is active and fit enough to develop her muscles rather than let them remain girlish or atrophy. I like people who have some strength. I don't like the look of thin or willowy legs that make it appear as if the person couldn't hike for a week carrying her own pack, or as if she were a child.

As for the calf muscles, I prefer women's legs where the calf muscles extend at least halfway down the lower leg toward the ankle. In other words, I don't like it when calf muscles are bunched up high near the back of the knee, leaving a long, thin lower leg that appears stick-like.

My tastes get rather particular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I'd call Emme's legs fat, and the muscular woman's legs are muscular, which isn't what I meant by "thick" (because female bodybuilders are rare and not naturally made that way). Jennifer Aniston's legs are very normal (neither thin nor fat), and the other woman looks anorexic and therefore was excluded by the original post. Jennifer Lopez for most of her career has had what I consider "thick" legs. "Thin" legs - um, I haven't a specific person/look in mind. Maybe Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.
Using your definition, I'd definitely prefer thick legs.

I think of Jennifer Aniston as having "slender" legs, and I'd prefer them to be more robust and less bird-like.

I think of Charlize Theron as having "thin" legs, without much curve to her thighs or calves, and I prefer curvier legs than hers in this picture:

http://www.justdesktopwallpapers.com..._1280x1024.jpg

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 07:12 PM..

Old 08-29-2013, 01:19 AM

2,176 posts, read 866,345 times
like both but like em loooong.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:45 AM

3,093 posts, read 3,992,286 times
I appreciate both! It all depends on the woman and her body type.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:48 AM

2,827 posts, read 1,758,151 times
I don't care about leg thickness. I generally hold that healthy women are somewhere between 120-180. I also hold that the weight for men is bogus (women need body fat for breast development and other things related to fertility, men... don't) and men should generally be as slim as women.

None of this hot girl, overmuscled guy deal. (see Vogue's Shape Issue for an example)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or