U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 AM

9,783 posts, read 15,339,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOlBuzzad View Post
Join the revolution, friend. The Dark Ages of Men's Fashion, which started about 1989 and have continued since then, are finally coming to an end, and with it, the repression of masculinity and of male sexuality.

Every single guy--especially if he's fit and toned--who wears skinny, slim-fit, or stretch jeans or chinos, and form-fitting denim shorts (and all of these things are designed nowadays with material soft enough so as not to to violence to the scrota), low cut and off-the-shoulder tank tops, and especially short shorts of any variety (Chubbies, Yimps, rugby or footy shorts) hastens the coming of the New Fashion Rennaissance. Every single guy who dresses in a way that flatters the male form scores a victory for Men's Liberation and against the unholy alliance of hip-hop, grunge, homophobia, and extreme radical feminism that seeks to hide away the male body in burkhas that are commonly called cargo shorts, board shorts, or even 'basektball shorts' or baggy pants and triple X shirts. The time has come to win for men the same rights in fashion as what women presently enjoy. Make a statement. Stand up and be counted. And when you see people making fun of people who are different or laughing at a guy in short shorts, put them in their place.

By the way, I's a big, muscular dude who wears short rugby shorts, sandals, and off-the-shoulder tank tops pretty much wherever I want to. I have absolutely no homosexual tendencies (though it's nobody's damn business if I did.). Just as straight women often refer to other women as hot, sexy, etc so I reserve the right to say that about guys--doesn't mean I'm going to sleep with them. If gay guys want to live the gay lifestyle openly and demand their rights to do that and to get married---more power to them. But in addition to that, more power to us straight guys who refuse to be downtrodden any longer.
Definitely, there needs to be more appreciation of the male form, not just the torso, but the whole body, from women AND men. Even a lot of women doesn't seem that interested in the male form, it almost seems that gay men are the biggest fans of the male form, look at some of their pride parades. But yeah, why are only women allowed to refer to other women as sexy etc and not be labelled gay for it? Stupid double standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 01:16 PM

22,198 posts, read 22,382,957 times
I agree. I doubt most gay men refuse to acknowledge woman's beauty in case people think he's straight.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:06 PM

5,531 posts, read 8,188,759 times
I hate those ridiculously long and oversized shorts. I hope to see more normal shorts come into fashion for men.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:09 PM

106 posts, read 111,414 times
I have outgrown the monstrosities of my youth but still enjoy the cargo shorts that I wear while I am on vacation. The ability to carry extra things for camping or fishing is very helpful but if I am out and about on the town I will revert to a standard length non-cargo short with a nice breathable polo.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:49 PM

623 posts, read 796,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Looks like I will be out of style.. I hate and will not wear mid thigh length shorts.
That's fine. You stick to the upper-thigh length--looks like fashion may reach you yet.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:58 AM

9,078 posts, read 5,659,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
That's fine. You stick to the upper-thigh length--looks like fashion may reach you yet.
No way... at the knee or just slightly above is the shortest I'll go.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:07 PM

250 posts, read 308,758 times
Those above the knee shorts are great for guys looking to have sex with other guys. It helps them to identify each other in public and I have no problem with it whatsoever. The rest of the hetero masses, we'll continue to keep it at the knee or below to avoid confusion

Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 AM

8,088 posts, read 7,316,417 times
Speaking,(writing), as a male with extremely handsome and muscular legs I would prefer we return to the 1980s in terms of shorts length. Just so I can wow the women.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:13 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
Those above the knee shorts are great for guys looking to have sex with other guys. It helps them to identify each other in public and I have no problem with it whatsoever. The rest of the hetero masses, we'll continue to keep it at the knee or below to avoid confusion
Yep, nothin says gang banger like shorts that go down to your ankles. For an added plus socks that go to your kneecap. Especially stylish in prison attire colors.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:21 AM

9,078 posts, read 5,659,334 times
Funny thing is when we've vacationed, the last few times in the Dominican Republic more people had shorts that were above the new. A lot of Europeans vacation at the resort we were at and that must be the style over there, as well as Speedo's for swimwear. 90% of my shorts and swim trunks end just past the knee , like cargo short length. I've got maybe two pair of shorts that I will hike or work around the yard in that are just above the knee. To me mid thigh or shorter just look too feminine on a guy. I know that was the style back in the late 70's , early 80's but so was the mullet ... and I hope that isn't going to come back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty