U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 12:14 AM

3,972 posts, read 8,658,165 times

Advertisements

"Roots" last forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 05:24 AM

23,989 posts, read 31,234,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have been very happy with my coach bags and they have lifetime warranties. I only have the leather ones. Kate Spade is decent bet not all bags are created equal. I have some that are holding up great and others that were not dyed in a way so the color lasts. I have a few spots on one bag where the color faded. Kate Spade fashion bags are less durable than the staples.

Michael Kors is decent but has a terrible warranty program.

Fossil is good (not my style). Rural is very good.

Personally I love coach since they have the best customer service. I got a full refund from them when they couldn't repair my bag 2 years later with a small issue. My aunt has had the same daily driver coach bag for about 15 years now. It might be older and closer to 25. It is her only purse.

I hear good things about Dooney.

The brands above are easy to find for under 300.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
I'll second Fossil. They are my longtime favorite, though the last few years it's been difficult to find even a Fossil that I liked. I did just get a new one this weekend...finally! I was using a cheap bag from Target that I had picked up in the spring because I couldn't find anything else anywhere. I absolutely HATE shopping for handbags because I am so picky.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:29 AM

23,989 posts, read 31,234,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I'm not sure that I'd call "Coach" a designer. I just think that they make good bags.
Coach is absolutely a "designer" bag. It is one of many brands that you can find "knockoffs" of in NYC, along with MK, Louis Vuitton, Prada, and others.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:37 PM

1,498 posts, read 1,519,041 times
MK and Fossil for me.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:06 AM

748 posts, read 1,361,083 times
Coach, Coach Coach and did I mention Coach! 99% of my bags are from there, I own the canvas logo bags and a couple of leather and always had great wear from my bags. I carried one Coach bag for two years straight, with heavy use and that thing was still ticking when I sold it (I got sick of seeing it!).

I also have a LV bag, had it since 09, still looks brand new (I take care of it really well) it's still going strong but I never use it much, only special occasions. I've heard they can last for years, 30 plus, even heard of them being passed from generation to generation. I have no clue how long mine will last but I do hope for 30+ years. With a LV Neverfull the straps are supposed to hold up to 500 pounds before breaking. You may want to look into getting a Neverfull if you want to spend the money on it!

Old 08-17-2013, 09:35 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,553,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
MK and Fossil for me.
Fossil. Love mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty