U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 06:45 PM

26,879 posts, read 28,176,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Well, out here on the LEFT coast i'm seeing more and more young guys (late teens early 20's) with super skinny skin tight jegging jeans (in bright colors) like what Justin Bieber wears, low slung, cinched tightly with a belt below their butt cheeks showin' off their tidy wydees. Seriously! They look so funny, and can't help gimping along like penguins because it's impossible to take a stride when your pants are choked up tightly around your thighs. Hilarious!
LOL! I know, I am dying too. And then when I see those kids on the bus, I think ewwwwww you want you nearly bare but on the bus seats? Gross! And then I wonder if they are cold. I mean it gets windy and underwear are thin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 06:41 AM

754 posts, read 1,231,612 times
I only see it in VERY urban areas like South Oak Cliff in Dallas.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:18 AM

15,235 posts, read 23,776,351 times
the boys here in brooklyn wear their pants way below there tushies.
do they look retarded, yes.
can they walk properly, no.

as an adult, all we can do is laugh.

it is so unimportant.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:23 AM

341 posts, read 386,477 times
It's bad. Looks unsightly and REALLY uncomfortable.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:39 AM

1,936 posts, read 3,343,688 times
I still see it quit a bit in certain neighborhoods. Sad thing is most of them do wear belts and their ding-a-ling is still under constant threat of becoming entangled in their belt buckle. It even annoys me more to hear these guys complaining about not being able to get a job, and police profiling them, and people giving them dirty looks. I'm sorry, but if you can't deal with the stigma of dressing a certain way that associates you with certain negative stereotype, then maybe you need to make some changes in your life.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
I'm sorry, but if you can't deal with the stigma of dressing a certain way that associates you with certain negative stereotype, then maybe you need to make some changes in your life.
This is actually BS. you can be dressed "appropriately" and still be stereotyped. These issues are not related. I dress preppy almost very day and I still have a couple of incidents a year. No matter what I am wearing or how I present myself.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:11 AM

79 posts, read 80,616 times
Default You might have some incidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This is actually BS. you can be dressed "appropriately" and still be stereotyped. These issues are not related. I dress preppy almost very day and I still have a couple of incidents a year. No matter what I am wearing or how I present myself.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
but it makes it ten times worse to dress like a special thug.

And it begs the question: WHY????!!!!! I see it as a cry for help.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavadora View Post
It's bad. Looks unsightly and REALLY uncomfortable.
LOL--I see it and I think to myself: I would HATE to have pants that were too loose.

And I find it telling that the dude coming off the train who sags and is in a more affluent area immediately feels self-conscious and you see him tugging at his pants constantly. So he knows how wretched it is. I mean, buy an effing belt and pull 'em up!

Old 08-16-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raina starling View Post
LOL--I see it and I think to myself: I would HATE to have pants that were too loose.

And I find it telling that the dude coming off the train who sags and is in a more affluent area immediately feels self-conscious and you see him tugging at his pants constantly. So he knows how wretched it is. I mean, buy an effing belt and pull 'em up!
Where i live, they have belts. Aroung their legs, with the belt loops. They need to keep their pants at the desired low level.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:49 AM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Where i live, they have belts. Aroung their legs, with the belt loops. They need to keep their pants at the desired low level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty