Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:25 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,413,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
This is coming back?
Oh yeah. Hubba hubba.
Purdue e-Archives : Basketball game, Purdue vs. Michigan. 1949

Now? Bwahahahaha... Actually, the word that comes to mind is "grotesque".
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yGeA_PC563...basketball.jpg

Last edited by Amontillado; 08-20-2013 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 10:38 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Guys in shorts above the knee is not something I'd want my man sporting. Thankfully he's in agreement.

What? he does not look like Magnum P.I.?

Old 08-20-2013, 10:39 AM

259 posts, read 670,210 times
Those knee shorts that are so popular are an attempt to hide the skinny legs of the X-Box generation.

When my 80's REI hiking shorts finally become too threadbare, I'll get a pair of womens REI hiking shorts. The womens have not grown longer like the mens have, and if you have a thin waist and well developed quads, you'll find they fit better than the mens anyway.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:49 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post

Yup, I agree re the knee-length shorts. But the urge to hide the male body away just seems to be unstoppable in some people--see Mikala43's post. I wonder what's the psychology behind that kind of attitude, at this point in the world's history.
Your joking right? I'm not trying to hide his body...... just get him in some more current clothes. The kids thought they looked better.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-20-2013, 01:03 PM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Mens shorts, should cover all parts when they sit down - and women wear the new extreme shorts and my grandaughters will NEVER been seen in them, just a little too much. They wear bathing suits to the beach etc. but no boy shorts out n about- sorry,. As for adults do what you want

Old 08-20-2013, 02:18 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
Words cannot describe how disappointed I was to open this thread and realize we're discussing short shorts ON DUDES!

Bummed

Mike

Old 08-20-2013, 02:44 PM

11,756 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
GF recently told me she thinks my shorts are too short and that guys shouldn't wear shorts above the knee. What do you think?
Your girlfriend is wrong.
You are right.

I'm with you. I prefer shorts at around a 5" inseam, but they're not easy to find.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:40 PM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
I like men's shorts that are above the knee. I'm not talking Larry-Bird-in-the-70s short, but something like this is fine:
Legend Wash 10 inch Chino Shorts - Solid | Eddie Bauer

Old 08-20-2013, 03:41 PM

6 posts, read 9,526 times
Default You're a dude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I grew up in the 80's when really short shorts were the fashion (at least according to old family photos I've seen) so I have always been used to wearing shorts that didn't ever go past the knee. In recent years it's become quite a quest shopping for new shorts because it seems that most shorts made in the last 10 years are the longer style shorts that go below the knees. For some reason it bugs me when I wear longer shorts since the fabric rubs against my knees as I walk. I do a lot of hiking/walking and the shorter "cargo" type shorts have always worked well and feel much more comfortable for me. They aren't usually much shorter than an inch or so above the knee so it's not like I am wearing "Daisy Duke" type shorts. GF recently told me she thinks my shorts are too short and that guys shouldn't wear shorts above the knee. What do you think?
An inch above the knee is too short? I am not receiving...

If shorts are too short for a dude, they risk looking like one of the Village People.

*Warning: the following image is very graphic. Click on at your own risk: [url]http://forladiesbyladies.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/short-shorts.jpg[/url]

Old 08-20-2013, 03:57 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I have worked in the marine industry for the past 25 years and shorts are what most boaters and people in the business wear. I always wore Sportif 7 pocket shorts that were a little on the short side and female customers would come up to me and ask where I got them because they wanted them for their man. We sold a lot of shorts because of me wearing those. I literally lived in them at work and off all my life, but since I have gotten older I no longer feel comfortable wearing them that short so I have moved to slightly longer ones, but nowhere near knee length.

I figure if you are going to wear shorts down to your knee you might as well just wear pants.

Don
Exactly.

The baggy, long shorts remind me of those long skorts old ladies used to wear. Talk about looking feminine. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty