U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 20 days ago)

10,298 posts, read 10,450,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
Women, what do you think about a physique like this:
Not a woman, but I'll comment. This young man appears to have a lot of potential. He looks like a gazelle. Incredibly fast. I'm a distance runner too, though I am not built like one. I am shorter than this kid, and a lot thicker. I remember going up against guys like him and thinking how blessed they were, given I would have to take two strides to his one, just to keep up. With that said, I was still pretty quick when I was 20 and younger. Now...not so much, though I'm still a barn burner compared to a lot of other 30-somethings.

My wife is not a visually motivated person. Still she sometimes sees me without my shirt on (and sometimes with even less on ) and tells me I have a pretty hot body. I am nowhere close to being a gym rat or meathead like Lilac described. I'm lean, though not a body builder. If I got serious about fitness, I'd cut a few things out of my weekly intake (beer, some types of foods I enjoy) and I'd have a killer set of abs. As it stands now, I don't live for fitness and have a pretty solid body anyway. Most importantly my wife likes how I look and feel when she pulls me close to her. I'd better stop or I'm going to go into too great a level of detail and then I'll probably get banned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 03:35 PM

3,858 posts, read 4,278,882 times
I remember 30 years ago when hardly any men were muscular. Women didn't demand it back then. I think the fact that it's become the norm means that (contrary to conventional wisdom) our culture has become more male dominant now.

The muscular male body is just part of the male dominance movement. Other examples would be vampire movies, romance novels, and especially the book 50 Shades of Grey. Male dominance is being fetishized.

I first started noticing this in the late 80s. It seemed overnight women stopped complaining about "male chauvinist pigs" and started demanding "real men". Women no longer wanted the sensitive wimp, they wanted the manly man even if (or even better if) he held traditional views of gender roles.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:38 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,361,398 times
Potential stamina in bed & the fact that they are not lazy.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:39 PM

543 posts, read 435,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
Women, what do you think about a physique like this:
Holy crap those legs are nasty.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:47 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,117,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I agree with LS. That fella looks like a distance runner. He's on the thin side, though, even for that. No one's ribs should stick out like that. I know marathon runners with more flesh. But he looks very young. Give him 10 years and he'll fill out a bit. Guys like that tend to look really good when they get into their late 20s, early 30s if they eat right and take care of themselves.

Personally, I like a little more of a V-shape and more heft. But it depends on the guy's frame, too. Joe Manganiello looks really good. He's solid, but he's also very tall (6'5") and has a large frame. But I wouldn't throw Alexander Skarsgard out of bed, either, and he's just an inch shorter, but more reedy in his build (though still toned with muscles).

What looks ridiculous to me is that meathead look. The whole gym rat thing just looks stupid to me. Like, come on, what are you compensating for?

Oh, and to answer the question, health is attractive. I like how it looks, and sure, it's nice to grab, er, touch. But also, it makes a man look great in his clothes, too. That's just as important as when he's out of them.
I wasn't going to post in this thread because I've never purposely gone after muscular guys. In fact, body type rarely has had anything to do with the guys I've been attracted to but...

Damn! Those TrueBlood men are some nice looking eye candy!!!

Old 08-18-2013, 03:52 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,695,823 times
In response to the original question... While I have dated differently built men, I do prefer big men, though like I said I have and would date other types. The thing that tops my list about big men is just the aura of physical power they give. Next I LOVE snuggling up to a big man. Makes me feel protected. And yes, just pleasing to look at. And for big, the guy doesn't have to be some muscle bound freak. Im actually not into that. I like big chests, big arms, and in decent shape..but not necessarily all big and ripped up with bulging veins popping out and what not, like some roid freak.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:53 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,416,857 times
Pic of QB for Eagles.
pics of matt barkley - Google Search

Old 08-18-2013, 04:15 PM

978 posts, read 1,439,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
So is he considered "muscular" in your opinion? I mean, compared to the general public he is, but in football terms he's a quarterback, therefore one of the smallest guys on the field.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:20 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,117,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He looks like a kid to me! Too young!

Old 08-18-2013, 04:25 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,416,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
So is he considered "muscular" in your opinion? I mean, compared to the general public he is, but in football terms he's a quarterback, therefore one of the smallest guys on the field.
His size is fine for me. I don't need a hulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
He looks like a kid to me! Too young!
Yes he is too young but I was basing his muscle size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty