U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 06:31 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,965,959 times

Advertisements

I read, a few years back, that even US health insurers were experimenting with sending people to other countries for surgery because the quality of care was very good and the costs were so much lower. I wonder what became of that? I think the countries were Thailand and India.

Evidently, liposuction fat does come back, but in other areas of the body. Tough luck.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...urns-arms.html

What the articles seem to be saying is that if they remove 10 lbs of fat and you do not change your diet you are still eating the same number of calories and that 10 pounds of fat will still accumulate in the body, but go elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 07:20 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,239,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Hold on, you are a nurse?
Well,yes.
Which actually makes the situation better.....I can take care of myself.
For example,I can remove my own drains.
I can also spot if someone is giving substandard care,well, most of the time anyway.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:51 PM

4,791 posts, read 12,915,802 times
The title of this thread shouldn't be Plastic Surgery but Liposuction instead! But I think you're limited to a 4 lb weight loss from Lipo? It's not worth it for that because you can lose 4 lbs in 3 weeks from good exercise + some dieting.

Someone we met tried Lipo and they said it hurts after the operation.

You could try Lipo in the Philippines too but that's a $1100 R/T ticket. But there's more sightseeing and shopping there too.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:04 PM

4,878 posts, read 4,580,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,yes.
Which actually makes the situation better.....I can take care of myself.
For example,I can remove my own drains.
I can also spot if someone is giving substandard care,well, most of the time anyway.
Well then you know what a brutal procedure it is and they would have to put you under.
If you're unconscious how could you possibly know if it's being done correctly?

Last edited by baileyvpotter; 08-24-2013 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: error

Old 08-25-2013, 01:11 AM

97 posts, read 224,231 times
Hmmm well now, people that would never even for one minute consider getting a $5 beauty college haircut from training beauty school students think oh yeah, plastic surgery in some remote land where I have no idea of the surgeon's training , success rate, etc. is mind boggling, don't you think??

I'm not trying to be too negative but reality is what it is.
Even the wealthiest actors/entertainers who go to supposedly the best in the business, often come out looking worse than before the proceedure. THERE IS SIGNIFICANT RISK!
IT IS MAJOR SURGERY and not a perm or dye job or bad haircut that will grow out so that three or four months later and a few professional trims, you again look great.
IT IS SERIOUS BUSINESS, IT IS NOT ROUTINE LIKE GETTING A CAVITY FILLED AT YOUR DENTIST'S OFFICE.

There are great, fine, qualified, quality medical professionals in every country.
How do you know that you're not getting the one that barely got through medical school or has had his/her medical license suspended/revoked? You really don't. It could essentially be a practice centered on maxing the volume of patients and proceedures during each day TO GENERATE THE HIGHEST REVENUE, WITHOUT REGARD FOR PATIENT SAFETY OR A QUALITY OUTCOME. One could possibly argue that well they do the most proceedures, so they have the most experience, but if they don't follow generally accepted best guidelines/protocol with respect to both proceedural outcome and patient's health-safety and ideal recovery, it might be less than good.
How do you intend to do the necessary background research and references as to whether this MD practice is one of the best or not so well respected?
You can't communicate fluently enough and I doubt you ability to read and comprehend printed documentation that you might find in researching the practice.
IF YOU ARE CERTAIN THAT THIS MD PRACTICE IS AMONG THE FINEST ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, THEN OK, FINE, HAVE NO FEAR, BUT IF YOU'RE AIM IS SIMPLY TO SAVE $$$ ON A PROCEEDURE, YOU ARE NUTS!!
Even the best in the world, that the stars/entertainers/celebrities go to DON'T ALWAYS DELIVER GOOD RESULTS after the patient goes under the knife.
sing this: ........you gotta know when to hold em, you gotta know when to fold em, you gotta know when to walk away and you gotta know when to run..............
Then look at that singers album cover pictures and now look at post plastic surgery results of him.........shockingly bad, considering he once was nice looking and probably didn't need plastic surgery. He could afford the best and likely went to the best, but outcomes aren't ever guaranteed to be perfect. Proceedures carry serious risk. DEATH is a possibilty from surgical complications.
Definitely give it more consideration than who you choose for your hair color highlights or brazilian blowout.
Botched hair will be great again in a few months. Your face/health from a botched surgery could be permanent.
You are well worth not cheaping out on for some possible cut-rate economy butcher.
Research it very carefully and investigate everything before...... It might be good or it might be one too avoid...
It is stupid to risk everything, without first being absolutely sure.
Again, consider the stars who have had proceedures that made them look worse.
You might want to reconsider as you likely are beautiful the way you are.
You might simply be looking for something that makes you feel more beautiful, but you have no clue about how beautiful you already are.
You might not find what you're looking for even if the proceedure turns out great.
Best of luck, but give it very serious thought because it is very serious stuff.
Money can be replaced, your health cannot. Something excellent and low priced is GREAT but something 2nd Rate and low priced is usually not.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
The title of this thread shouldn't be Plastic Surgery but Liposuction instead! But I think you're limited to a 4 lb weight loss from Lipo? It's not worth it for that because you can lose 4 lbs in 3 weeks from good exercise + some dieting.

Someone we met tried Lipo and they said it hurts after the operation.

You could try Lipo in the Philippines too but that's a $1100 R/T ticket. But there's more sightseeing and shopping there too.
Even when people lose weight,they can expect some lose skin.
An arm lift,and a thigh lift, not only sucks fat out,but some extra skin is also removed.

Liposuccion is plastic surgery.
But I'm not only getting lipo,I'm getting a full tummy tuck also.
Might even consider an arm lift.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Richards View Post
Hmmm well now, people that would never even for one minute consider getting a $5 beauty college haircut from training beauty school students think oh yeah, plastic surgery in some remote land where I have no idea of the surgeon's training , success rate, etc. is mind boggling, don't you think??

I'm not trying to be too negative but reality is what it is.
Even the wealthiest actors/entertainers who go to supposedly the best in the business, often come out looking worse than before the proceedure. THERE IS SIGNIFICANT RISK!
IT IS MAJOR SURGERY and not a perm or dye job or bad haircut that will grow out so that three or four months later and a few professional trims, you again look great.
IT IS SERIOUS BUSINESS, IT IS NOT ROUTINE LIKE GETTING A CAVITY FILLED AT YOUR DENTIST'S OFFICE.

There are great, fine, qualified, quality medical professionals in every country.
How do you know that you're not getting the one that barely got through medical school or has had his/her medical license suspended/revoked? You really don't. It could essentially be a practice centered on maxing the volume of patients and proceedures during each day TO GENERATE THE HIGHEST REVENUE, WITHOUT REGARD FOR PATIENT SAFETY OR A QUALITY OUTCOME. One could possibly argue that well they do the most proceedures, so they have the most experience, but if they don't follow generally accepted best guidelines/protocol with respect to both proceedural outcome and patient's health-safety and ideal recovery, it might be less than good.
How do you intend to do the necessary background research and references as to whether this MD practice is one of the best or not so well respected?
You can't communicate fluently enough and I doubt you ability to read and comprehend printed documentation that you might find in researching the practice.
IF YOU ARE CERTAIN THAT THIS MD PRACTICE IS AMONG THE FINEST ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, THEN OK, FINE, HAVE NO FEAR, BUT IF YOU'RE AIM IS SIMPLY TO SAVE $$$ ON A PROCEEDURE, YOU ARE NUTS!!
Even the best in the world, that the stars/entertainers/celebrities go to DON'T ALWAYS DELIVER GOOD RESULTS after the patient goes under the knife.
sing this: ........you gotta know when to hold em, you gotta know when to fold em, you gotta know when to walk away and you gotta know when to run..............
Then look at that singers album cover pictures and now look at post plastic surgery results of him.........shockingly bad, considering he once was nice looking and probably didn't need plastic surgery. He could afford the best and likely went to the best, but outcomes aren't ever guaranteed to be perfect. Proceedures carry serious risk. DEATH is a possibilty from surgical complications.
Definitely give it more consideration than who you choose for your hair color highlights or brazilian blowout.
Botched hair will be great again in a few months. Your face/health from a botched surgery could be permanent.
You are well worth not cheaping out on for some possible cut-rate economy butcher.
Research it very carefully and investigate everything before...... It might be good or it might be one too avoid...
It is stupid to risk everything, without first being absolutely sure.
Again, consider the stars who have had proceedures that made them look worse.
You might want to reconsider as you likely are beautiful the way you are.
You might simply be looking for something that makes you feel more beautiful, but you have no clue about how beautiful you already are.
You might not find what you're looking for even if the proceedure turns out great.
Best of luck, but give it very serious thought because it is very serious stuff.
Money can be replaced, your health cannot. Something excellent and low priced is GREAT but something 2nd Rate and low priced is usually not.

Name some celebs whose surgeries didn't come out great?(besides Michael Jackson)

Old 08-25-2013, 09:19 AM

4,878 posts, read 4,580,165 times
Quote:
Name some celebs whose surgeries didn't come out great?(besides Michael Jackson)
Just google it and you will find several pages of plastic surgery gone wrong.
In addition Priscilla Presley, Cher and then there's this link below with a few.
Despite the advice and warnings given to you on this topic, you obviously
are going to go there and I really don't understand why.

17 Celebrity Before-And-After Plastic Surgery Disasters - Business Insider

Old 08-25-2013, 09:34 AM
JL

7,314 posts, read 11,497,760 times
If you are going to do something that will affect your body/face permanently, i would go to S. Korea. You might save only $10k vs $12k like you mentioned, but still worth the time and trouble. They really have skilled plastic surgeons there. They have English translators on their medical staff team if needed.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:47 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,965,959 times
Quote:
Yeah. Even some of the sites that broadcast such surgery going bad show before and after pics where the afters were considerably better looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty