U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 06:46 PM

1,830 posts, read 3,663,514 times

Advertisements

Yes I would, I know quite a few women who have had it done. They are mostly Dominican though, so they can speak the language.

I've found that I like the sculpting done in Colombia better than the DR (they do more plastic surgery there).

I've lived in NYC and have worked in the nightclub industry. So the amount of women I've seen with work done are pretty high.

To people from other areas it is a very foreign concept. The running joke is that when tax return time rolls around- women fly south to get more work done.

I thought about going out there, but I don't like the idea of if something goes wrong down the line I'd have to fly back to DR.

People in other countries get surgery all the time and they aren't dropping dead left and right.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 PM

19,639 posts, read 53,511,196 times
Heidi Montag looks freakish. Tara Reid with lopsided boobs.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:30 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,215,181 times
They both look freakish,and they both got that cosmetic surgery right here in the good old Usa!!!

Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Yes I would, I know quite a few women who have had it done. They are mostly Dominican though, so they can speak the language.

I've found that I like the sculpting done in Colombia better than the DR (they do more plastic surgery there).

I've lived in NYC and have worked in the nightclub industry. So the amount of women I've seen with work done are pretty high.

To people from other areas it is a very foreign concept. The running joke is that when tax return time rolls around- women fly south to get more work done.

I thought about going out there, but I don't like the idea of if something goes wrong down the line I'd have to fly back to DR.

People in other countries get surgery all the time and they aren't dropping dead left and right.
I think many people,esp Dominicans don't care if one has plastic surgery or not,as long as it looks good.

I think many people from the Usa don't understand cosmetic surgery because,in the Nyc area(I live in the Tri state area)its VERY competitive.
If you look average in,say,Iowa, and went to in to say, Nyc,or even worse,Los Angeles, than you most likely will be considered below average in those cities.

In Colombia I'm worried about the kidnappings and hostage situations. Plus,its furthur than the DR

Old 08-26-2013, 05:05 AM

368 posts, read 464,433 times
You get what you pay for, I wouldn't take the cheaper option when it comes to surgery.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:24 AM

3,297 posts, read 4,425,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I think many people,esp Dominicans don't care if one has plastic surgery or not,as long as it looks good.

I think many people from the Usa don't understand cosmetic surgery because,in the Nyc area(I live in the Tri state area)its VERY competitive.
If you look average in,say,Iowa, and went to in to say, Nyc,or even worse,Los Angeles, than you most likely will be considered below average in those cities.

In Colombia I'm worried about the kidnappings and hostage situations. Plus,its furthur than the DR
Competitive? For what?

Who cares what other people think? This is going to sound harsh, but perhaps your money would be better spent on learning how to spell and write coherently rather than sucking some fat off your body which can be done with diet and exercise?

You sound like the most important thing in the world is how you look, which unfortunately, speaks to one's character. Granted, everyone cares about their appearance, but there are way too many people who take it to another level. You have clearly made up your mind. Good luck with your decision. I hope everything works out, but if it doesn't, nobody is going to feel sorry for you.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:54 AM

769 posts, read 794,910 times
Sorry I would rather pay the extra and know that there are doctor's who will care for me post-surgery. Compared to getting it out of country, having a terrible infection after I get home. Which causes 500K in medical bills to pay out of pocket because my insurance company said..you did something not by the book. The 18K to do it here is worth it.

I am getting a full tummy tuck and have spent MONTHS researching dr's. Now that I live in new state I will need to start research over again.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:38 PM

896 posts, read 913,194 times
Why don't you tighten up your diet and start exercising? If you get the work done and do t drastically cut calories, you will end up with a high amount of body fat again, but it will settle in weird places. You will have a fat back. Have you looked into that yet? How will you change to maintain the lower body fat %?

Old 09-01-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Competitive? For what?

Who cares what other people think? This is going to sound harsh, but perhaps your money would be better spent on learning how to spell and write coherently rather than sucking some fat off your body which can be done with diet and exercise?

You sound like the most important thing in the world is how you look, which unfortunately, speaks to one's character. Granted, everyone cares about their appearance, but there are way too many people who take it to another level. You have clearly made up your mind. Good luck with your decision. I hope everything works out, but if it doesn't, nobody is going to feel sorry for you.
What's wrong with the way I write?
What is this,English class?
I'm on my phone,and typo's occur. Everything I wrote is spelled right.

Let's point out your mistakes,Mr Smart-ss.
You seem to thing skinny people don't get lipo.
Its not true. There are skinny people with pot bellies,and fat that is there just because of genetics.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 PM

Why do people think diet and exercise will just make the UNWANTED fat go away?

There are still people who are bone thing with a pannus due to childbirth,and skinny people with fat necks and love handles.
Most of it is genetics,which is why you have skinny people with fat,jiggly thighs and fat people with skinny,non jiggly thighs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty