Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 11:35 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,771,904 times

Advertisements

Would you trust it?
I understand enough Spanish to get by,but I would still have a translation device with me.
Let's just say its a dream come true for me. It will be $12,000 cheaper to have it there.
The Ps only went by my pictures,which is how she came up with the qoute.
It seems American women,well,every country are flocking down there.
It seems in the Dr they are able to take more than 5 lbs of fat at any given time.
I have looked on the internet everywhere for info about this doctor,and I only saw great things about this,and great things she did with real women.
I only saw before and afters on realself,the plastic surgery website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 11:49 AM

259 posts, read 668,042 times
What kind of surgery?

Eye?
Tummy?

Old 08-20-2013, 12:11 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,188,959 times
Are you saying you trust a website because of it's before and after pictures?
Old saying: "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." (meaning - it is false and beware)

Old 08-20-2013, 03:18 PM

1,339 posts, read 3,454,413 times
Well, after the botched up plastic surgery, if you end up looking like a fool, at least no one will recognize you!!!

Old 08-20-2013, 03:54 PM

20,687 posts, read 19,824,686 times
$12,000 cheaper as the US??? HUH????

I got my boobs done in a cheap country for half price, with implants made in the US . Not sure if I would do it again, out of fear for an infection. I didn't have internet back then, so I didn't really have a clue - which was just too naive!!

Your numbers don't make sense to me. What procedure is it and how much would it be in the US?

Is the hospital in a major city? Where did the surgeon go to college, what credentials does he have?

Last edited by oh-eve; 08-20-2013 at 04:31 PM..

Old 08-20-2013, 07:42 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,556,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It seems in the Dr they are able to take more than 5 lbs of fat at any given time.
The amount of fat that can be lipo'd out at any one time has a safe limit and that should not vary from country to country. Remember, you're tearing up a lot of small blood vessels and capillaries with lipo of butt, thighs, belly, and hips, and so you can have a dangerous amount of blood loss if you remove too much fat at any one time. The highest incidence of patient mortality from lipo has been caused by docs doing too much fat removal at one time; that's why limits were put in place in the US. Also, the more fat removed at one go, the greater the chances of having a poorly contoured final result. If the doctor is making that statement, that would give me cause to pause.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:56 PM

23,885 posts, read 32,184,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Would you trust it?
I understand enough Spanish to get by,but I would still have a translation device with me.
Let's just say its a dream come true for me. It will be $12,000 cheaper to have it there.
The Ps only went by my pictures,which is how she came up with the qoute.
It seems American women,well,every country are flocking down there.
I have looked on the internet everywhere for info about this doctor,and I only saw great things about this,and great things she did with real women.
I only saw before and afters on realself,the plastic surgery website.

What do you want done? Liposuction? Where? What is the name of the Dr?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
What do you want done? Liposuction? Where? What is the name of the Dr?
Lipo,BbL,Tummy tuck(full)
Brachioplasty and thighplasty.

It will be in Santo Domingo.
The Dr name is Dr Cabral,although I have been looking into Dra Yily

Last edited by jerseygal4u; 08-21-2013 at 07:54 AM..

Old 08-21-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
$12,000 cheaper as the US??? HUH????

I got my boobs done in a cheap country for half price, with implants made in the US . Not sure if I would do it again, out of fear for an infection. I didn't have internet back then, so I didn't really have a clue - which was just too naive!!

Your numbers don't make sense to me. What procedure is it and how much would it be in the US?

Is the hospital in a major city? Where did the surgeon go to college, what credentials does he have?
Usa price: bbl,full tummy tuck,thighplasty and brachioplasty. 18,000,and that's on the cheaper side.

Dominican Republic price for the same above: $5,500

Old 08-21-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Are you saying you trust a website because of it's before and after pictures?
Old saying: "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." (meaning - it is false and beware)
On Realself,it regular people posting pictures of surgeries they have had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty