Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:41 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,561,616 times

Advertisements

I think the greater the gene pool the more likely the person is to be physically attractive.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:43 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,154,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Frome View Post
Same here. However, the girl I am interested in is only attracted to white guys. Since I am dark skinned I don't have a chance.

So quit wasting your time and move on. It is her choice who she is attracted to.
Both of my nieces are mixed race and they are both quite beautiful.
As with anything else each individual is attracted to some and not to others, there is no blanket answer to your question.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 PM

61 posts, read 49,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So quit wasting your time and move on. It is her choice who she is attracted to.
Both of my nieces are mixed race and they are both quite beautiful.
As with anything else each individual is attracted to some and not to others, there is no blanket answer to your question.
You answered the question of this thread, in the affirmative.

Apparently, you believe one should be judged by their skin color?!?

Because of the fact that I am not white, she considers me unattractive. Is that logical? No!

Old 08-22-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It is her choice who she is attracted .
True. But I also have a right to be attracted to her as well.

Just because I have dark skin, should not rule me out.

I do understand that she most likely wants someone who is fair, with blonde hair. If that is the case, I'm not sure what I should do!

Old 08-22-2013, 10:59 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,931,280 times
Quote:
If that is the case, I'm not sure what I should do!
You should quit while you're ahead. You're only asking for trouble by continuing to obsess over this.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:20 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,019,624 times
Quote:
You answered the question of this thread, in the affirmative.

Apparently, you believe one should be judged by their skin color?!?

Because of the fact that I am not white, she considers me unattractive. Is that logical? No!
Yes, it is logical.

People are attracted to some things, turned off by others.....that is natural.

Some might not like dark skin.....some might not like red hair.....some might prefer large eyes to small eyes.

She is entitled to her personal preference.....just as you are.

Many people are attracted to someone who is not attracted to them for whatever reason.....that's life.....move on.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:41 PM

2,358 posts, read 7,079,903 times
Quote:
It seems as though many people consider those of mixed ethnicities to be physically unappealing.

I myself, am mixed(Hispanic & White) and am considered very physically unattractive, by the girl of my dreams.

What is your opinion, on this matter?

Do you share this, opinion; that people who are mixed-race are (physically) unattractive? Or do you have a more open-minded approach to this??

This is just a general question. I am not debating whether this is right or wrong. I am simply curious, to see what the general consensus is regarding this topic.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Best.
No ! It's the opposite. Mixed Breeds are more attractive and stand out more because they look more interesting than pure breeds.

I am mestiza and I stand out everywhere I go in the Philippines where people like mestizos and mestizas a lot.

My daughter and son are mixed breeds too. Honestly, my daughter was always being praised when we were still in Portugal before because everyone says she's very pretty. Well, I would always look at her and her friends and cousins as well and I can say she really looks more interesting than them.

There was once a poster here on CD who said, Mixed Breeds are God's Photoshop ". I actually agree on what he said.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:41 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,817,206 times
I think attractiveness has nothing to do with race. There are mixed race people that are really attractive nd other people that are not. Just like with "full-blooded" people.

But there are plenty of people that being mixed automatically makes you attractive. This is problematic for many reasons.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:46 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,815,449 times
Hispanic and white? That is kind of an oyymoron.

Hispanics may or may not be white..
Just like Americans....

A Spaniard and a white american?
In my eyes,its just 2 white people.

Maybe you mean mestizo?

Old 08-23-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Hispanic and white? That is kind of an oyymoron.

Hispanics may or may not be white..
Just like Americans....

A Spaniard and a white american?
In my eyes,its just 2 white people.

Maybe you mean mestizo?
My father is white, my mom is Hispanic. I would not call, that an oxymoron. See my picture, if you don't believe me.

I look mixed because I have most of my Moms features, yet I am not as dark as most Hispanics. That is how most know that I am mixed.

You would be amazed at how many people think, I look Asian, when I have no Asian background whatsoever. It can get very frustrating, because I know that the girl I like is not attracted to people who look Hispanic or Asian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty