Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:05 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,091,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Frome View Post
My father is white, my mom is Hispanic. I would not call, that an oxymoron. See my picture, if you don't believe me.

I look mixed because I have most of my Moms features, yet I am not as dark as most Hispanics. That is how most know that I am mixed.

You would be amazed at how many people think, I look Asian, when I have no Asian background whatsoever. It can get very frustrating, because I know that the girl I like is not attracted to people who look Hispanic or Asian.
Do you look like a Filipino ? Many Mexicans look like Filipinos

Old 08-23-2013, 01:09 AM

61 posts, read 49,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Do you look like a Filipino ? Many Mexicans look like Filipinos
I don't think so. My family does not think so.

See my profile pic and decide for yourself.

PS: I hope not, because I know that she is not attracted to any men who look Asian.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:11 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
If you are half Mexican or Puerto Rican,you actually might have some Asian backround via the Aztecs or Taino.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:17 AM

Quote:
I don't think so. My family does not think so.

See my profile pic and decide for yourself.

PS: I hope not, because I know that she is not attracted to any men who look Asian.
You said you look Asian. Filipinos are the only Asians similar to Latinos as they are Asian Hispanics.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:35 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
My father is white, my mom is Hispanic. I would not call, that an oxymoron. See my picture, if you don't believe me.

I look mixed because I have most of my Moms features, yet I am not as dark as most Hispanics. That is how most know that I am mixed.

You would be amazed at how many people think, I look Asian, when I have no Asian background whatsoever. It can get very frustrating, because I know that the girl I like is not attracted to people who look Hispanic or Asian.
And there is nothing you can do about that......quit torturing yourself and move on.

For a relationship to work.....there has to be MUTUAL attraction.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 AM

61 posts, read 49,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And there is nothing you can do about that......quit torturing yourself and move on.

For a relationship to work.....there has to be MUTUAL attraction.
I don't believe that I look Asian. However, Many others have said I do.

I can honestly state that I have no knowledge of any Asian background, nor does my parents.

I don't understand why everyone assumes that I am Filipino or Chinese, when I am Hispanic?

Old 08-23-2013, 01:55 AM

Quote:

I can honestly state that I have no knowledge of any Asian background, nor does my parents.

I don't understand why everyone assumes that I am Filipino or Chinese, when I am Hispanic?
Filipinos look very similar to Mexicans as Philippines was ruled by Mexico for 250 years during the Spanish occupation of the Philippines.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:09 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:

None of that really matters as far as this girl is concerned.

It doesn't really matter why she isn't attracted to you.....she isn't and that is all there is to it.

Believe me.....being attracted to someone who isn't attracted to you.....has happened to ALL OF US.

I am 60 years old. I have been attracted to many men in my life who never gave me a second glance.....because, for whatever reason.....they were not attracted to me. There have been men who were attracted to me.....and I felt no attraction to them at all. That is just the way it goes.

The trick is to find someone who you are attracted to, who also finds you attractive. That has also happened to me........and it will happen to you too.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:55 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
How can any one make a general statement that mixed race people are unattractive?? I am an old man and have seen many attractive people of different race and mixed race.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:10 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
True. But I also have a right to be attracted to her as well.

Just because I have dark skin, should not rule me out.

I do understand that she most likely wants someone who is fair, with blonde hair. If that is the case, I'm not sure what I should do!

You have missed my point completely, you know she is not attracted to you yet you continue to waste your time wondering how to pursue her and make her yours.

It is not going to happen because she is not going to allow it.

You are very handsome and I see nothing unattractive about you however, you are the same age as my nieces and a couple of my grandchildren so my opinion may not count since I'm much older.

You need to be with a woman who is going to love you for all of you not just the color of your skin.
Someone who wants to share her life with all of you.

I personally don't think anyone should be ruled out because of the color of their skin but the reality of the world and humans is that you are at times ruled out because of the color of skin color, eye color, hair color, too thin, not thin enough, too tall, too short, not enough hair, too much hair, etc. etc.

If you continue to want someone who does not want you it will keep you stressed and frustrated all the time, not just part of the time and your own self worth and well being will be affected tremendously.

Why would you voluntarily do that to yourself? Trust me there is not one human on this planet worth all of that aggrivation.

Since you are still young you should not be focusing on one female anyway, you should be out enjoying life.
When the right woman comes along you will know it and you will forget all about this one.
She will become part of a distant memory and you will be greatful she rejected you because the one you find will LOVE ALL OF YOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty