Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 06:44 PM

15,830 posts, read 21,343,774 times

Advertisements

Summer is the bane of my existence. I have wide feet, a high instep, and short toes. My toes refuse to "peep", there's always about an inch and a half to two inches beyond my toes on sandals, and I can't find any heeled summery shoes that fit properly.

Length-wise I'm only about a size 8, but I have to buy 9s or 9.5s to fit the width of my foot. All of my flats are too big, and I need to replace most of my flats at this point because they're looking beat up and my pinkie toe is starting to wear through. Attempts to find new flats and low heels that are attractive, youthful (I'm only 25!) and don't make my feet look squished is more difficult than I imagined!

Where do other wide-footed but stylish ladies buy their shoes? I just spent a day trying on what seemed like every shoe in a DSW, but none of the shoes that fit looked particularly stylish (think black crocodile print square toed shoes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 08:12 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,717,183 times
You need to shop online at Zappos(free shipping both ways, ratings, and videos available). Do you have fat feet or are they truly wide? What kinds of tennis shoes do you usually get?

Last edited by negativenancy; 05-25-2013 at 08:52 PM..

Old 05-25-2013, 08:27 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,256,775 times
I suggest amazon, you can search by size and width.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:54 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,665,464 times
You need to search stores or sites that carry true widths: A, B, C, D, E, and EE. Figure out what your width is (google it) then buy that wu dth. Many online stores carry true widths: Zappos, Shoes.Com, Amazon, and even eBay.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:58 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,059,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Summer is the bane of my existence. I have wide feet, a high instep, and short toes. My toes refuse to "peep", there's always about an inch and a half to two inches beyond my toes on sandals, and I can't find any heeled summery shoes that fit properly.

Length-wise I'm only about a size 8, but I have to buy 9s or 9.5s to fit the width of my foot. All of my flats are too big, and I need to replace most of my flats at this point because they're looking beat up and my pinkie toe is starting to wear through. Attempts to find new flats and low heels that are attractive, youthful (I'm only 25!) and don't make my feet look squished is more difficult than I imagined!

Where do other wide-footed but stylish ladies buy their shoes? I just spent a day trying on what seemed like every shoe in a DSW, but none of the shoes that fit looked particularly stylish (think black crocodile print square toed shoes).

If you are ever looking for sneakers that are wide and come in a variety of colors go to amazon and search for Keds. I got mine there and they are wonderful, I don't do heels though just sneakers or winter boots.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:20 PM

606 posts, read 1,396,396 times
Footsmart.com has a catalogue and a website. They have a good selection of wide shoes (many stylish), sandals, and other things related to foot health and comfort. They sell "Softspots." Some stores carry "Softspots" as well. Very comfortable and nice looking shoes and sandals. I think "Softspots" has a website, too.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,754,073 times
I am only a little bit wide. But here is what I notice. I need wides in certain cuts of heels but normal widths work for me in general.

Clark's can have cute sandals. Kenneth Cole does wides on the website. Most comfort brands have wides but they tend to be staid.

For summer shoes, I also like Payless, as they stock wides too. And summer shoes wear out so they don't need to be super nice.

If you have access to Nordstrom rack, they always have other widths at the end of the section for a particular size. From very narrow to very wide.

Also Naturalizer stocks wides in many styles and Macy's carries in store.

Not that I have tried these on, but Ferragamo has lots of widths for most styles that is wy out if budget for me. But in my aspiration list.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:03 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,159,772 times
I swear, shoes are just as bad as bras -- an 8 isn't an 8 isn't an 8. You need to find a good shoe store and get measured for a starting point, and try on lots of shoes. Talk to the salesperson, who hopefully will know his stock. It might make you crazy to put him or her through the fitting and going into the back to get the boxes of shoes and the picking -- but even if you don't buy anything you come out with knowledge.

And either wear think socks or those "trouser sock" hosiery -- those little footie hose bits they hand out for trying on shoes are anything but comfortable.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:39 AM

13 posts, read 17,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
Footsmart.com has a catalogue and a website. They have a good selection of wide shoes (many stylish), sandals, and other things related to foot health and comfort. They sell "Softspots." Some stores carry "Softspots" as well. Very comfortable and nice looking shoes and sandals. I think "Softspots" has a website, too.

Footsmart.com has some technical issues at time..so didnot get the website..

Old 05-28-2013, 10:19 AM

1,092 posts, read 3,427,952 times
I'm a fan of Sofft in wide. Born tend to run a bit wide in regular sizes. For higher quality, I like Stuart Weitzman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty