U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 06:42 PM

18,717 posts, read 4,702,479 times

Advertisements

My natural hair color is a honey blonde, now starting to turn grey at the temples.
I use to dye my hair lighter shades of blonde when I was young. So I was a real
blonde and a dyed blonde too.

Last edited by pekemom; 08-25-2013 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 06:56 PM

27,448 posts, read 17,619,243 times
If I don't call them blonde what would I call them as I would have no idea (nor do I care) what her original hair color was?

And maybe she isn't a DYED blonde, maybe she just has highlights... or.... or......
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 08-25-2013, 07:00 PM

23,903 posts, read 31,123,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan99 View Post
To me, a blonde is someone who has naturally blonde hair. Yet I hear women being described as a 'blonde' when in fact they clearly have dyed blonde hair.
She has blonde hair? She's a blonde.

You must be awfully bored.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:13 PM

752 posts, read 898,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan99 View Post
To me, a blonde is someone who has naturally blonde hair. Yet I hear women being described as a 'blonde' when in fact they clearly have dyed blonde hair.
I always check color of eyebrow to see if is real blonde. If is she is right away 1-2 points up in my books.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:53 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,605,815 times
I'd call her a bleached blonde.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I'd call her a bleached blonde.
The term "bleached blonde" refers to someone that appears to have lightened their hair color to such a degree that it looks to have been "bleached" almost white. However, many people wind up with such hair naturally, if they spend a lot of time in the sun.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:15 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,471,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatem View Post
I wonder if bald men confuses the OP as much as women who choose blonde hair.

I don't know if they confuse the OP, but they confuse me. Why do people refer to a man as "bald" if he has lost some hair on top, or has a bald spot on top, but has plenty of hair on the sides? I've never been able to figure that one out. I always thought bald meant completely bald, like a shaved head.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:17 PM

21,134 posts, read 22,102,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
I don't know if they confuse the OP, but they confuse me. Why do people refer to a man as "bald" if he has lost some hair on top, or has a bald spot on top, but has plenty of hair on the sides? I've never been able to figure that one out. I always thought bald meant completely bald, like a shaved head.
If a man shaves his head is he considered bald?

Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,605,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
They call them "bottled blondes".

Keep in mind a lot of bottled blondes had natural blonde hair most of their life and it just got darker blonde/light brown as they got older. So they lighten it.
When I was a kid in the 60s, a bleached blonde was someone who did not have naturally blonde hair, but "bleached" their dark hair to make it blonde.

Per wiki:

Various subcategories of blond hair have been defined to describe someone with blond hair more accurately. Common examples include the following:
  • blond/flaxen:[13][14] when distinguished from other varieties, "blond" by itself refers to a light but not whitish blond with no traces of red, gold, or brown; this color is often described as "flaxen".
  • yellow: yellow-blond ("yellow" can also be used to refer to hair which has been dyed yellow).
  • platinum blond[15] or towheaded:[16][17] whitish-blond; almost all platinum blonds are children. "Platinum blond" is often used to describe bleached hair, while "towheaded" generally refers to natural hair color.
  • sandy blond:[18][19] grayish-hazel or cream-colored blond.
  • golden blond: a darker to rich, golden-yellow blond.
  • strawberry blond,[20] Venetian blond or honey blond: reddish blond.
  • dirty blond[21] or dishwater blond:[22] dark blond with flecks of golden blond and brown.
  • ash-blond:[23] ashen or grayish blond.
  • bleached blond, bottle blond, or peroxide blond[24] artificial blond slightly less white than platinum blond.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
When I was a kid in the 60s, a bleached blonde was someone who did not have naturally blonde hair, but "bleached" their dark hair to make it blonde.

Per wiki:

Various subcategories of blond hair have been defined to describe someone with blond hair more accurately. Common examples include the following:[*] bleached blond,bottle blond, or peroxide blond[24] artificial blond slightly less white than platinum blond.[/list]
The color is specific, however. It is a very VERY light pale blonde...almost white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty