Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 03:05 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Is it that sad? You actually buy such birkins to impress man. However you want impress nonlossers, so. I bet you two are ready spend thousands at good looking piece of cabinet too.
No one buys a Birkin to impress a man...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 03:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Is it that sad? You actually buy such birkins to impress man. However you want impress nonlossers, so. I bet you two are ready spend thousands at good looking piece of cabinet too.
Impress a man? Most men wouldn't know a Target bag from a Birkin. Who cares if you hate it.

**I'm on #teamKelly.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:44 PM

I fell in love with Hermes when I spent a summer in France and learned about the long history of that brand. I do not yet own a Hermes bag (haven't found the right one at the right price), just admire from afar!

Old 08-28-2013, 03:46 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,638 times
Quote:
Nope sorry. Not to impress anyone. I grew to love Hermes when my grandmother and then my mom carried the brand, which was originally for riding gear.
Once again you generalize incorrectly, making yourself look foolish.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
No one buys a Birkin to impress a man...
Preach!

Old 08-28-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I fell in love with Hermes when I spent a summer in France and learned about the long history of that brand. I do not yet own a Hermes bag (haven't found the right one at the right price), just admire from afar!
That's a great story! Good luck in your quest for the perfect item.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Impress a man? Most men wouldn't know a Target bag from a Birkin. Who cares if you hate it.

**I'm on #teamKelly.
Yay! Can't wait to hear when you get one.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Nope sorry. Not to impress anyone. I grew to love Hermes when my grandmother and then my mom carried the brand, which was originally for riding gear.
Once again you generalize incorrectly, making yourself look foolish.
That is exactly where I learned of Hermes! I attended (not participated in) a historic fox hunt at a chateaux in the French Loire Valley... All the riders were decked out in beautiful Hermes scarves/gear that were hundreds of years old, and they were heralded in by trumpeters decked in Hermes, as had been done for hundreds of years. It was spectacular. The history and art of that brand is amazing.

But I guess I just want a purse to try to impress a man... LOL

Old 08-28-2013, 04:08 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Yay! Can't wait to hear when you get one.
It will probably be a very long time. But I have wanted one since I was about 8, and had no idea how much they were. I thought it was pretty.

I think I will splurge on this though for now!

Salvatore Ferragamo - Sofia Small Top Handle Satchel - Saks.com

Size is TBD, but it is a relaxed take on a Kelly bag. And it has a handy crossbody.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It will probably be a very long time. But I have wanted one since I was about 8, and had no idea how much they were. I thought it was pretty.

I think I will splurge on this though for now!

Salvatore Ferragamo - Sofia Small Top Handle Satchel - Saks.com

Size is TBD, but it is a relaxed take on a Kelly bag. And it has a handy crossbody.
Pretty! I love that bag! We have similar taste! I just bought a vintage Ferragamo satchel in beige that is somewhat similar but more square (also has the handles w/crossbody strap and same hardware). I am in love with it! I especially love the hardware/clasps on the Ferragamo handbags. Maybe I'll post a pic when I get a chance. Or start a new thread for that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty