U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 12:59 PM

5,145 posts, read 10,426,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't have any ear piercing right now, but I am thinking about having multiples piercings on my ear. (One ear only)

I have couple of questions.

a. In the future, in case I change my mind, do all these holes close up? (I am thinking about getting 7 on my left ear only)

b. For a very athletic girl like myself, would I get infections easily because of these piercings? (I do sweat a lot when I play sports)

Here is the picture, this is the look I like

Awesome Multiple Ear Piercings For Girls

I wouldn't do it. I only had posts and let my ears naked for years..holes are still there so I just wear simple hoops most of the time. When you move further up the ear you can also risk cracking cartilage depending on where you get it. Personally I would never go over 1 myself and never advise over 2 for anyone else who wants to give off a professional image someday.

Why not just get those earrings like this this post that appear to be multi posts?

With getting sweaty it does raise the risk of infection. You have to clean fresh piercings a couple times a day or if you get sweaty. Since don't have any piercings at all you may want to start slow and just get one in each to see how your skin takes it. (infection, irritation, allergies, catching them on things)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 01:07 PM

31,396 posts, read 18,435,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I wouldn't do it. I only had posts and let my ears naked for years..holes are still there so I just wear simple hoops most of the time. When you move further up the ear you can also risk cracking cartilage depending on where you get it. Personally I would never go over 1 myself and never advise over 2 for anyone else who wants to give off a professional image someday.

Why not just get those earrings like this this post that appear to be multi posts?

With getting sweaty it does raise the risk of infection. You have to clean fresh piercings a couple times a day or if you get sweaty. Since don't have any piercings at all you may want to start slow and just get one in each to see how your skin takes it. (infection, irritation, allergies, catching them on things)
yeah I hear you. I never had my ears pierced. I've been playing waterpolo for so many years and I had to wear cap all the time in the swimming pool.

I want to pierce one ear only. But infection is a major concern.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
There are ear clips or clamps that wrap around your ear lobe making it seem like you have pierced but you haven't. You just slip it on your ear lobe and slip it off when you don't want them. Much more fun, versatile and easy to trick your friends with ... you can go from ghetto to gorgeous to exotic with them depending on your choice of clamps,lol.

I just looked they are called earring cuffs
yeah, this is actually the look I am talking about

Ear Envy ? Kendall Jenner & Kylie Jenner - Official website: Photos, Videos, News & Gossip

Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 PM

27,498 posts, read 17,642,239 times
I have two piercings on one side and one on the other. I wouldn't mind another piercing on the multi-ear. The holes close up if you don't use them, and it doesn't really show when I don't put a stud in it. I've been looking for a cute ear cuff for a while just to do something different.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 08-30-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
yeah I hear you. I never had my ears pierced. I've been playing waterpolo for so many years and I had to wear cap all the time in the swimming pool.

Well you will be stuck with some hardy posts at first and I think in the latest picture you posted that could be painful under a swim cap. The posts may poke you in the head or get caught on the cap.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:18 PM

p.s. when you go up into the higher area of the ear where there is cartilage the piercer has to use a needle. Don't let anyone try it with a gun. That is asking for cracked cartilage.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:21 PM

1,550 posts, read 2,959,445 times
Quote:

The earring cuff may be your best choice. Earring you can't go cheap on the metal because the metal itself ( if you are allergic to it) can cause the infection also.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I have two piercings on one side and one on the other. I wouldn't mind another piercing on the multi-ear. The holes close up if you don't use them, and it doesn't really show when I don't put a stud in it. I've been looking for a cute ear cuff for a while just to do something different.
yeah?

This is what I want to hear.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
The earring cuff may be your best choice. Earring you can't go cheap on the metal because the metal itself ( if you are allergic to it) can cause the infection also.
I am thinking about 316L surgical steel or 14K gold.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:41 PM

1,550 posts, read 2,959,445 times
Quote:
I am thinking about 316L surgical steel or 14K gold.
And don't let anyone borrow them. You will never see them again because they won't return them or lost them... much like sharing a toothbrush IMHO tho.

PS there are also earrring pins but you must have one hole in the earlobe for those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty