U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 10:36 AM

15,527 posts, read 29,228,109 times

Advertisements

It has been my experience through years and years of observation that the number of piercings a person has is directly inversely proportionate to his or her IQ. YMMV

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 10:43 AM

31,385 posts, read 18,420,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't have any ear piercing right now, but I am thinking about having multiples piercings on my ear. (One ear only)

I have couple of questions.

a. In the future, in case I change my mind, do all these holes close up? (I am thinking about getting 7 on my left ear only)

b. For a very athletic girl like myself, would I get infections easily because of these piercings? (I do sweat a lot when I play sports)

Here is the picture, this is the look I like

Awesome Multiple Ear Piercings For Girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It has been my experience through years and years of observation that the number of piercings a person has is directly inversely proportionate to his or her IQ. YMMV

20yrsinBranson
It has been my experience that people who cannot answer questions on a public forum have the lowest IQ.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:10 AM

7,099 posts, read 23,885,607 times
w-a-a-y back in the 1920s, ear piercing was a big thing for a while. My mother and aunt, both had them. As they got older, the scars looked worse. they were closed up, but the scars remained. They both died in a nursing home. You should see the ear lobes of the other patients of the same age. Some skin just doesn't handle it well.

ah...but maybe you don't care what you will look like years from now. And yes, the holes were done with tiny little needles.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
w-a-a-y back in the 1920s, ear piercing was a big thing for a while. My mother and aunt, both had them. As they got older, the scars looked worse. they were closed up, but the scars remained. They both died in a nursing home. You should see the ear lobes of the other patients of the same age. Some skin just doesn't handle it well.

ah...but maybe you don't care what you will look like years from now. And yes, the holes were done with tiny little needles.
This is what I worry about. I've seen some ugly scars on people's ears. This is exactly why I haven't pierced my ears.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:14 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't have any ear piercing right now, but I am thinking about having multiples piercings on my ear. (One ear only)

I have couple of questions.

a. In the future, in case I change my mind, do all these holes close up? (I am thinking about getting 7 on my left ear only)

b. For a very athletic girl like myself, would I get infections easily because of these piercings? (I do sweat a lot when I play sports)

Here is the picture, this is the look I like

Awesome Multiple Ear Piercings For Girls
I have six holes up my right ear, have since I was in college. Only one in my left. Although I wore jewelry in all of the hole when I got them done, these days (upper 30s), I rarely wear anything in all the holes in my right ear. They never have closed up. I could go and put six studs or hoops in right now, and it's been over a year, probably, since I wore anything in anything but the initial piercing. They're not visible unless you look very closely when I'm not wearing anything in them. I didn't get any infections, but the further up you go into stiffer cartilage,my experience was that the healing/not being sore period takes longer. When I got my highest up one, I coudn't sleep rolled onto that side for a month or so.

I have no visible scarring from any ear piercings. If you look closely, you can see a dot where each is, but you'd have to be looking for it. It's really weird, because, overall, I do scar badly.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:16 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
Hah. Guess I'd better turn in my degree and teaching credentials, then.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Hah. Guess I'd better turn in my degree and teaching credentials, then.
LOL exactly!

Old 08-31-2013, 11:52 AM

7,099 posts, read 23,885,607 times
Quote:
I have six holes up my right ear, have since I was in college. Only one in my left. Although I wore jewelry in all of the hole when I got them done, these days (upper 30s), I rarely wear anything in all the holes in my right ear. They never have closed up. I could go and put six studs or hoops in right now, and it's been over a year, probably, since I wore anything in anything but the initial piercing. They're not visible unless you look very closely when I'm not wearing anything in them. I didn't get any infections, but the further up you go into stiffer cartilage,my experience was that the healing/not being sore period takes longer. When I got my highest up one, I coudn't sleep rolled onto that side for a month or so.

I have no visible scarring from any ear piercings. If you look closely, you can see a dot where each is, but you'd have to be looking for it. It's really weird, because, overall, I do scar badly.
A year??? A whole YEAR?? Wow!! Did you know that the ear (and it's lobe) is the only part of the human body that never stops growing? What do you think happens to that hole in the lobe? Sure, there are some women that are quite lucky, but there are some that aren't. It's your choice.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:49 PM

6,191 posts, read 14,716,763 times
Quote:

I'm the same way. My four piercings are all in the lobe, not the cartilage. In fact, since reading this thread got me curious, I put an earring in the uppermost piercing. It went in no problem and it's been several years since I've done that.

My piercings are the same as yours, just barely-perceptible "dots." Someone would really have to be paying attention to my earlobes to discern them!

Old 08-31-2013, 04:14 PM
EA

5,472 posts, read 4,661,911 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson

My IQ is above genius, so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty