Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 07:06 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
No. Teachers who lack common sense and good decision making.
So teacher got her ear pierced = lack common sense and good decision making?

Judgmental much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 07:10 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,520,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Judgmental much?
Yes. A teacher should know better. She probably has tattoos, too.

And, yes, I am judgmental, all humans are.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:11 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:

Judgmental much?
It's not judgmental, it's transparent trolling.

You only have to skim the poster's past contributions on other forums and observe the quality of writing to deduce that he or she must have had a whole hell of a lot of teachers "with pierced ears and bad judgment" (or something like that ).

Ignore goes into effect, now.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

You only have to skim the poster's past contributions on other forums and observe the quality of writing to deduce that he or she must have had a whole hell of a lot of teachers "with pierced ears and bad judgment" (or something like that ).

I know.

Almost every female teacher / professor in college or in my Art institute got her ears pierced.

ear piercing = poor decision making. LOL Never heard of it before.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I know.

Almost every female teacher / professor in college or in my Art institute got her ear pierced.

ear piercing = poor decision making. LOL Never heard of it before.
I'm talking multiple piercings ... Yes, and look at the results of what's coming out of college, real impressive.
Just because somedody works as a teacher or professor, it doesn't mean they "have it together."

Old 09-02-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

I'm sorry that the truth hurts you.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
I'm talking multiple piercings ... Yes, and look at the results of what's coming out of college, real impressive.
Just because somedody works as a teacher or professor, it doesn't mean they "have it together."
When I graduated with a degree in Aerospace Engineering I had...at least 6 holes in my ears, 2 of which were my lobes which were stretched to a bit over 1/2". I also had a half sleeve of tattoos (which is now a full sleeve) and two lip piercings (a 'regular' one and a monroe).

I've taken all the piercings out (it had nothing to do with societal pressure) but obviously still have my tattoos. There are PLENTY of people who are pierced and tattooed who are very successful and happy people. Your opinion that getting a piercing or tattoo is a 'poor decision' is just that...your opinion.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
When I graduated with a degree in Aerospace Engineering I had...at least 6 holes in my ears, 2 of which were my lobes which were stretched to a bit over 1/2". I also had a half sleeve of tattoos (which is now a full sleeve) and two lip piercings (a 'regular' one and a monroe).

I've taken all the piercings out (it had nothing to do with societal pressure) but obviously still have my tattoos. There are PLENTY of people who are pierced and tattooed who are very successful and happy people. Your opinion that getting a piercing or tattoo is a 'poor decision' is just that...your opinion.
Having a good job or going to college doesn't mean a person makes good decisions in other areas of their lives. I know quite a few "educated" people who just can't seem to get things right ...

Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Having a good job or going to college doesn't mean a person makes good decisions in other areas of their lives. I know quite a few "educated" people who just can't seem to get things right ...
And I don't know a single soul who has made it through their lives without making a few poor decisions.

I don't consider my tattoos or my piercings bad decisions. Not even a little bit.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:

I just don't get it. Why are you so against people with tattoos and piercings? Why do you take their choices so personally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty