U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 09:19 PM

9,459 posts, read 15,030,133 times

Advertisements

Ok, I don't know where to put this, but an amusing little story.

At Ross they give a 10% Senior discount every Wed. Well, I just happened to be shopping there with my kids, and just happen to be 59---they consider "senior" to be over 58. I told the cashier I would like my senior discount, she looked around, like she was looking for the "senior". She then said you have to be at least 58. I informed her I was 59, she gave me a skeptical look. Well, ok, here's my driver's license....she needed a calculator to do the math, then acted flustered, oh, ok.....sure, ....ummmm...the years have been kind to you, ma'am!

Guess all that sunscreen paid off---
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 03:36 AM

10,328 posts, read 12,424,559 times
Cute story. It is genetics you have to thank also. Some people do everything that you would expect to age them fast and still look 10 years younger even. The sunscreen does help but its not the only factor.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:04 AM

7,021 posts, read 10,327,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Cute story. It is genetics you have to thank also. Some people do everything that you would expect to age them fast and still look 10 years younger even. The sunscreen does help but its not the only factor.
In addition to genetics......the new "secret" is what I've been doing for many, many years. I buy big bottles of pure Emu oil. Before Bedtime: Shake bottle, pour a few drops on your forearm, and rub it all over your cleansed face. Use a cotton pad to remove excess. What remains on your arm, is rubbed all over your elbows and forearms. I alternate which arm every night. Works for me, at 73.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:54 PM

10,328 posts, read 12,424,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
In addition to genetics......the new "secret" is what I've been doing for many, many years. I buy big bottles of pure Emu oil. Before Bedtime: Shake bottle, pour a few drops on your forearm, and rub it all over your cleansed face. Use a cotton pad to remove excess. What remains on your arm, is rubbed all over your elbows and forearms. I alternate which arm every night. Works for me, at 73.
Emu oil from the Emu bird. Back when I worked in the supplement industry we used to stock this. Glad it works for you and very nice of you to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty