Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I cannot stand flip flops. No way did my kids go to school or church, or anywhere nice with flip flops. It was not a battle...I just choose to never buy flip flops for my kids. Problem solved.
Same here, I thought they hurt --- I was too active to have that strap cutting into the flesh between my toes. You really can't run in them or climb trees in them. I didn't buy them for my kids for that reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 10:26 AM

75 posts, read 77,876 times
I wear flip flops everywhere, including church. I even found flip flip socks that enable me to wear them straight through autumn.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:28 AM

75 posts, read 77,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlelu View Post
Wearing flip flops to church is unacceptable. That would be like going to a wedding and wearing them. Now wearing them
while going about your daily business should be okay. Yes, some people just wear them and wear them, never clean them and their feet are nasty as must be the rest of them. They have no support so wearing them all the time could cause problems down the road.
Not only did I wear flip flops with my own wedding dress, I have my "dressy" flip flops, which have a little kitten heel.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:57 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
I think the wife is right; not a big issue.

Tell your daughter that her flip flops don't offer any protection and her feet could get hurt if she bashes them into something or encounters some other unpleasant things. Fire ants and bees will illustrate this problem in a hurry.

As far as being bad for feet, feet evolved without shoes; unless your daughter is hefty, there shouldn't be any problem walking in flip flops as far as she wants to.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:31 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
We live in Florida, and we wear flipflops all the time, almost year round. The kids can't wear them to school, but they do wear them to church, to the store, to the playground. I wear them almost every time I leave the house, unless I'm going running. This is such a non-issue and I think that making an issue out of it is micromanagement.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
I was at our town's Labor Day parade today, and a little boy was sitting next to me wearing flip flops. He said, "I wish I had worn my shoes; my toes are getting hot"!

Old 09-02-2013, 02:22 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I was at our town's Labor Day parade today, and a little boy was sitting next to me wearing flip flops. He said, "I wish I had worn my shoes; my toes are getting hot"!
Awesome! Kid learns to think about his foot gear himself.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:56 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Wearing flip flops to church is unacceptable. That would be like going to a wedding and wearing them. Now wearing them
while going about your daily business should be okay. Yes, some people just wear them and wear them, never clean them and their feet are nasty as must be the rest of them. They have no support so wearing them all the time could cause problems down the road.
I've been to upscale weddings were the bride wore flip flops.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:46 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,223,677 times
Quote:
I attend a church where no one cares what is on my feet.
Personally, I would prefer feet that are aired in flippys all day instead of stuffed inside hot sweaty shoes that breed fungus and odors

Old 09-02-2013, 05:44 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I still don't understand how people walk in them. How do you keep them on your feet? Sort of grip your toes or what? Doesn't that give you cramps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty