U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:51 PM

22 posts, read 33,537 times

Advertisements

It used to be a Hollyweird issue but now the "commoners" are doing it. I see people and...it's just not right. Their faces look fake and I stare at them trying to figure out what they had done.

Even Botox renders the face plastic. Trout pout, the eyebrows that are permanently raised...Not natural!

I took a yoga class taught by a man who had an eye lift and I couldn't go back.Yoga is about spirituality and NOT primarily the body! It's bad enough when women do it but men getting work done? Ugh! I saw another man (this time a yoga student) with an obvious eye tuck. It feminizes a man's eyes. Not attractive to me at. all.

What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 05:08 PM

1,463 posts, read 1,818,126 times
I guess everyone is obsessed with youth and looking young.
I wouldn't do it, because it looks fake. And it looks like it hurts!
I don't think it makes most people look better at all.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
I guess everyone is obsessed with youth and looking young.
I wouldn't do it, because it looks fake. And it looks like it hurts!
I don't think it makes most people look better at all.
Yes but it doesn't make them look young; it makes them look TIGHT. Maybe no lines but certainly not better.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:20 PM

1,463 posts, read 1,818,126 times
I agree. I don't like it either. Like I said, it looks fake to me.
So I don't understand either. Maybe there are some people out there who it works for.
But I wouldn't be willing to take that chance.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:11 PM

4,878 posts, read 4,583,656 times
Think about it - there is a LOT OF MONEY to be made to make women and now men feel bad about how they look.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:18 PM

2,350 posts, read 4,276,596 times
If it looks good, why not?

I don't care if women dye their hair, do the botox thing, get a butt lift or a boob job. All that matters is my total hormonal response.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:58 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,245,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uber clever user name View Post
It used to be a Hollyweird issue but now the "commoners" are doing it. I see people and...it's just not right. Their faces look fake and I stare at them trying to figure out what they had done.

Even Botox renders the face plastic. Trout pout, the eyebrows that are permanently raised...Not natural!

I took a yoga class taught by a man who had an eye lift and I couldn't go back.Yoga is about spirituality and NOT primarily the body! It's bad enough when women do it but men getting work done? Ugh! I saw another man (this time a yoga student) with an obvious eye tuck. It feminizes a man's eyes. Not attractive to me at. all.

What say you?
Stop staring maybe?

Old 09-02-2013, 12:24 AM

8,279 posts, read 10,571,727 times
There are many celebrities who have had excellent cosmetic work, like Ellen Degeneres, Jennifer Aniston, Jane Fonda (age 75), etc:

Celebs With The Most Natural Looking Plastic Surgery [PHOTOS]

Old 09-02-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
If it looks good, why not?

I don't care if women dye their hair, do the botox thing, get a butt lift or a boob job. All that matters is my total hormonal response.
Um...it looks like bovine excrement on steroids. That was the whole point, you know, of this post? How utterly fake and plastic it looks and NOT attractive.

And the younger women doing it is really sad. I believe it's a psychological condition like anorexia in which the individual has a distorted image of the physical self. Body dysmorphia, I think it's called?

I believe that dysmorphia is due to incredibly low self-esteem. Plus, if you have Libra prominent in the chart I think it can also lend itself to that. Librans are way-wacked about looks.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:31 PM

7,932 posts, read 7,289,405 times
In my town, botox is no different that going for, say, teeth whitening on a lunch break, seriously. Who knows, if I ever get some real crows feet or wringles, I might spring for some botox myself. Not likely, however, I will continue to touch up the few greys that grow in now and again.

Now if someone wants to pay for a front me the monies for a breast lift, I'll take it. I wouldn't mind having perky girls again for old times sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty