Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 02:02 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

So I skinmmed a few September issues, and it looks like the trends this season are:

1. Cobalt blue
2. Oxblood
3. Monochromatic looks (with differing textures)
4. Slim ankle length pants
5. menswear shapes and prints
6. peplum
7. Leather in classic shapes
8. fancy sweatshirts
9. leopard
10. fur
11. lower heels (classic 3")
12. fit and flare silhouettes

Did I miss anything? What are you going to supplement your wardrobe with?

I don't know, but when I flipped through the mags, it looked like fall was more of the same from the past couple of seasons. I might grab some skinny ankle pants, but it looks like I am fully stocked for fall.

Well minus the coat I am thinking of splurging on. This in a teal or dark fuchsia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 03:20 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
oh this is great cause all of my sweaters are those colors and I also have a cobalt blue coat and matching scarf . yeah Im good .

Old 09-02-2013, 04:13 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Isn't peplum over? I don't think it ever became popular and I see it all on sale/clearance.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Isn't peplum over? I don't think it ever became popular and I see it all on sale/clearance.
Not at all, it is still here. Saw lots of peplum dresses in the stores now, in the new fall section.

I happen to like peplum. But I also found that any peplum in the clearance rack all seemed to be really ill-fitting. Waist too high. Waist too low. Not enough waist definition.... It was definitely clearanced for a reason. The well fitting stuff flew off the shelves.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:05 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,625 times
Ugh, I don't like peplum and it isn't flattering on me. I don't think I've ever seen a person wear that unless it was on TV.
I will stick with what I like and what flatters me. I don't really go for trends.
I like cobalt blue, and have a piece or 2 of that. Fur and Leopard, not a chance.
Fancy sweatshirts? That's too broad, I can't really picture what that is - a sweatshirt with sequins or something?
I hate skinny ankle pants
I like monochromatic looks though, will stick with those.
I just stick with classics over trendy stuff.

I live in the desert so it's hard to follow typical fashion like the rest of the country for fall and winter. We won't be wearing coats, wool, fur, boots, etc most of the year. It'll be in the 80's around Thanksgiving, likely.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:29 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
God, I find it to be hideous and so unflattering on 90% of women. It died a dead, dead death, here. Just never took off, thank God. Clearance/discount racks are chock full of peplum-laden attire.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
God, I find it to be hideous and so unflattering on 90% of women. It died a dead, dead death, here. Just never took off, thank God. Clearance/discount racks are chock full of peplum-laden attire.
I am totally on the peplum bandwagon. Usually paired like so.

The only trick is that it needs it hit your waist and be made of a softer/drapey fabric.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
Fancy sweatshirts? That's too broad, I can't really picture what that is - a sweatshirt with sequins or something?
Basically a thinner fabric in a more fitted shape. Or at least fitted in the shoulders and bust. Gosh I saw it in so many magazines. It pops up every few years. I do think it is a good trend though. Super comfy and goes with your jeans, but since the fit is better it does look a bit more flattering than just wearing a real sweatshirt.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:25 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,387,150 times
Peplum is flattering if it fits right on ruler, pear, or hourglass shaped females. If you are apple shaped, it is terrible.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:08 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Basically a thinner fabric in a more fitted shape. Or at least fitted in the shoulders and bust. Gosh I saw it in so many magazines. It pops up every few years. I do think it is a good trend though. Super comfy and goes with your jeans, but since the fit is better it does look a bit more flattering than just wearing a real sweatshirt.
I think I have a better idea, esp when you say thinner and fitted. I do like that. I can totally get on board with that, esp in this climate. When it's cooler here but not cold enough for coats, etc. Perfect, I love it. I would love it if someone would post an examply or too though. I will see if I can google something. I wonder if I have the same idea in my head that you guys are thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Peplum is flattering if it fits right on ruler, pear, or hourglass shaped females. If you are apple shaped, it is terrible.
I am an hourglass (I would lean more toward pear if not) but I just can't like it. I don't know what it is. I think it's the belt thing, I hate belts being worn like that. Maybe it's just not for me, not my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I agree. Sure, it looks decent on that model, but I don't think it looks well or moves well on most people. Although I have to admit I really haven't seen it on too many people. The ones I've seen it on, seems like when they sit, even if they are skinny you'd have pudge under and over the belt, having to adjust things. I also hate high-waisted. I don't think that look is flattering on anyone who isn't really tall. At 5'1", high waist is NOT a good look for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty