U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:40 PM

31,385 posts, read 18,420,530 times

Advertisements

My nephew will be living with me for the next couple of months

We will have a fabulous aunt nephew Trick-or-treatin together. I can't wait!

My nephew is a typical happy go lucky four year old boy. He has big brown eyes and dirty blond hair.

Here is a picture of him. My cutie pie.

What are the following costumes do you think look the best on boys? We are going to be pirates this year.

Any suggestions?

These are the photos I found on the internet,

photo 1

http://www.momendeavors.com/wp-conte...rate-Ideas.jpg

photo 2

Boy's Captain Black Pirate Costume:Small & Medium Sizes|Boys Halloween Costumes

photo 3

Super Deluxe Pirate Scoundrel Boys Costume - Pirate Costumes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 07:33 PM

5,387 posts, read 6,264,967 times
Awww, yes what a cute lil guy; his outfit in the photo you had listed was adorable Lily! I am sure he will have a great time this Halloween, trick-or-treating with you and your dear family

Old 09-03-2013, 10:56 PM

96 posts, read 112,552 times

The Lone Ranger Theme - YouTube

Old 09-03-2013, 11:00 PM

96 posts, read 112,552 times
I can't post links....hope these do..

3 doors down - Kryptonite / Superman (Music video)(Lyrics) - YouTube

Old 09-04-2013, 08:16 AM

67 posts, read 47,455 times
I will say Captain Blake will be great for him.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:17 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times
My son is thinking Pirate costume too! He was a wizard when he was 2. Now he likes tough guy costumes.

I think you should get the last pirate one.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 AM

943 posts, read 816,283 times
How lucky - to get to spend precious time with your nephew, remember to take lots of pictures. Little kids don't usually remember the costume they wore as they get older, but they do hate it when it's uncomfortable.
Wigs are itchy, hats if they are too big fall off or to the side, make-up feels weird, face-masks make breathing difficult.
But, if you show him pictures of what you want to do and talk about it, he might feel ready to try your ideas and have fun with it, being included in decisions is a good way to help a four yr old feel like they have some control over their world.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:47 AM

10,387 posts, read 7,467,722 times
Let him decide and make it happen! You have plenty of time. If he has his heart set on something you should try. My youngest was the costume prince. ALL YEAR LONG. I've made TONS of costumes. He was always happy with them cuz his imagination could perfect them once he put them on.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:58 PM

31,385 posts, read 18,420,530 times
Thanks everyone for replying. A lot of kind words and great suggestions.

Yes, my nephew loves "tough guy" costumes. He's a man and he wants to protect the girls. That is what he says all the time. He's really adorable and I am his favorite aunt.

He said he wanted to be pirate this year. I will find a costume that is comfortable for him to wear.
I am still looking. I agree the last one looks the best. I will post pictures of him and I together when we find our costumes.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-04-2013 at 07:08 PM..

Old 09-04-2013, 09:08 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,265,062 times
[quote=lilyflower3191981;31260446]My nephew will be living with me for the next couple of months

We will have a fabulous aunt nephew Trick-or-treatin together. I can't wait!

My nephew is a typical happy go lucky four year old boy. He has big brown eyes and dirty blond hair.

Here is a picture of him. My cutie pie.

What are the following costumes do you think look the best on boys? We are going to be pirates this year.

Any suggestions?

Believe me, I'm not the one to give suggestions on dressing the kids up. That is an absolutely adorable picture you posted of your nephew. I hope you and your nephew have a wonderful time.

It's funny, when my nephew was in pre-school, I was taking care of him at the time, I dressed him up for halloween. My nephew loved it, his classmates, not so sure they liked it. I don't know what I was thinking when I made that costume, but I thought it was cute at the time. Just remembered I still have a picture. my nephew in the pic is around 3 or 4; he was a big baby, tall boy and going on 23 this month, he's a big man. He was like 6 ft at age 10.

Please forgive me for putting this child I loved, so muc, through this get-up. I put the picture in my profile will leave it for a while if you want to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty