U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 01:54 PM

16,724 posts, read 13,676,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You might even be right. And? What? 250 is unhealthy any way you slice it. Are your friends telling you that? Your husband isn't because he has weight issues of his own. I can't guarantee that I would stay with a 125lb hottie if she gained 60lbs. Does that make me a shallow jerk? Well... consider this. I have been with a number of 185lb women. See the difference? There's a guy who works at a store that I frequent. He is at least 350 and gaining. No one else in the shop looks like that. I've been telling my SO that I want to say something to him but don't know what or how. I'm not his friend. I don't have an entry point into his 'stuff'. Friends do, and should use the empowerment. Friends don't let friends gain 60lbs without an explanation.

H

Make no mistake -- you are nobody's friend if you don't love them the way they are.

You can wrap all that so-called goodness in your "this is about your health" wrapper, but bottom line, we know you just plain don't like looking at/hanging with fatties. Thanks for letting us know, now we don't have to endure your remarks about that fat chick across the room while we wonder if that's how you privately felt about us, your "friends". Even though we always kind of knew it, now we can act on it.

We also already know quite well we are not healthy. Do you think all that fat has made us stupid, too? We have to want to lose the weight for ourselves, and hearing your diatribe doesn't do a thing for us, other than make us drop you for not being a real friend and accepting us through thick or thin.

Oh, by the way? It is none of your business if someone's shop you frequent has an employee that is overweight. Who in the hell made you the Fat Police?

Do your "friends" a favor, and find some new skinny friends who won't make you want to act like a condescending pr!ck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 01:59 PM

9,371 posts, read 17,491,906 times
All depends on the person. One thing I've noticed, sometimes having a little extra weight makes a woman look younger. It fills in the wrinkles and creases of the face.

Elizabeth Taylor still looked beautiful when she put on a few pounds. Some women carry it better than others.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:22 PM

9,594 posts, read 9,427,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Oh, by the way? It is none of your business if someone's shop you frequent has an employee that is overweight. Who in the hell made you the Fat Police?
I guess I hit a nerve? Erm... do you think I don't see a LOT of overweight employee's in the many places I do business??!! Did I say I want to 'help' all of them? No, I mentioned this one guy at this particular store. Why? Obviously we have some kind of relationship built. I still don't consider him a friend and I don't imagine he considers me a friend. So, I stay out of his stuff. As I should. And do. And also do for the dozens of smokers, drinkers, and, yes, overweight people that I know. It wouldn't be any of my business how and why he is employed but, I disagree that it isn't any of my business that he is morbidly obese. I get that you think so. You would have more credibility if you were thin. So... I have to consider the source. BTW I do have fit, HWP friends and we go bike riding and hiking and lots of other things that someone 150lbs. above their ideal weight cannot even think of doing. That has never, ever, ever made me not want to act like a compassionate spirit in trying to help people that clearly need help. Also, BTW I've known people on the other side of a heart attack or diabetic coma or amputation from diabetic complications. Some of them wish their friends had been a little more insistent that they lose some weight. Its very individual. Good luck.

H

Old 09-05-2013, 02:36 PM

186 posts, read 283,423 times
the op ASKED about unattractive and got honest answers. If you don't like it, that's irrelevant. Read THE FOUR HOUR BODY and check out the website. you CAN drastically and easily change your appearance, body wise. you can do a lot for your face, too, but it's expensive, a bit risky and invasive.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:18 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,366,795 times
There's a fine line.

Scrawn is not attractive. Bloat isn't attractive.

Good old fashioned padding with a healthy glow will beat the other "looks" hands down.

Girls who have extra weight - I'll tell you a little secret - the chub makes your playground really soft, juicy, and much more fun than the skinny girls orifice of gaping emptiness.

True story. Most men prefer padding.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:25 PM

5,288 posts, read 17,488,273 times
Let's face it, a little extra weight is usually no problem for most of us - 10 - 15 lbs. no problem. Sixty pounds is a problem for most people. That is a lot of weight to carry around - hard on your joints. People that are 60 lbs. overweight usually don't look all that great in their clothes, are more prone to diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and can be ponderous in their movements - those things seldom add to someone's good looks.

I've been heavy and I've been thin - thin is better....I love my size 2 clothes, nipped in wastes, skinny jeans, fitted jackets - they rock.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
All depends on the person. One thing I've noticed, sometimes having a little extra weight makes a woman look younger. It fills in the wrinkles and creases of the face.

Elizabeth Taylor still looked beautiful when she put on a few pounds. Some women carry it better than others.
Why do people say this? It is not true at all. Overweight women look matronly and out of shape - not younger.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:07 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,366,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Why do people say this? It is not true at all. Overweight women look matronly and out of shape - not younger.
Erm sorry look at Tara Reid.

Emaciated and appearing 20 years older than she is.

Ditto Rachel Zoe, Nicole Ritchie, need I go on?

Old 09-05-2013, 04:54 PM

58 posts, read 129,358 times
It depends, extra weight looks great on Kate Upton she has the height to pull it off and she's also a beautiful girl to start with.

It's a lot easier for taller folks to carry more weight...(coming from a 5"3 inch girl that an extra 5lbs shows on)

Old 09-05-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Erm sorry look at Tara Reid.

Emaciated and appearing 20 years older than she is.

Ditto Rachel Zoe, Nicole Ritchie, need I go on?
We are not talking about underweight women - we are talking about overweight women. Look at the title of the thread. Overweight women do not look younger - they look older....few look at the face....sad but true.

Last edited by Cattknap; 09-05-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or