U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2013, 09:07 AM

2,493 posts, read 1,852,026 times

Advertisements

Older women with extra weight look younger than older women that are thinner. It's odd, but older women with fit bodies are sexy...and yet they're more wrinkly with more sagging skin. Older women with a little extra weight have softer, smoother skin (more collagen/fat??). Most people that take the "I hate fat" goggles off can see this.

It makes me think that while women should avoid being extra thin or obese, women are meant to be slightly plump/chubby.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 10:56 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,169,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
BMI is a horrible metric. It's pretty much useless

5'5 170 for a woman is not obese. For some it might be (if all the weight is in the gut). But I've dated women who were 5' 5 170 ish and they had nice bodies..far from obese.
5'5 170lbs is even a bit too much for a guy especially if he doesn't work out. I'm 5'8 and at my lightest I was 175lbs, which was bigger than most guys my height. And that's as a male working out with some muscle definition.

5'5 and 170lbs for a female? No that's not obese but overweight and unhealthy.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:59 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,169,913 times
OP, 60lbs extra for either female or male is most likely not physically attractive. I googled Miranda Kerr and if she gained that much weight, she would nowhere near be as attractive as she is now.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 AM

14,489 posts, read 11,474,558 times
Its not so much the fat, it the way its distributed over the frame.. some bigger women look fantastic as the fat ratio is spread more and not concentrated on her bum or stomach... but putting on weight definitely ages a woman..

Old 09-08-2013, 01:22 PM

16,416 posts, read 25,194,987 times
Absolutely

Old 09-08-2013, 01:23 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,422,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
5'5 170lbs is even a bit too much for a guy especially if he doesn't work out. I'm 5'8 and at my lightest I was 175lbs, which was bigger than most guys my height. And that's as a male working out with some muscle definition.

5'5 and 170lbs for a female? No that's not obese but overweight and unhealthy.
Overweight..sure. Unhealthy? Nonsense.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:06 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,784,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Its not so much the fat, it the way its distributed over the frame.. some bigger women look fantastic as the fat ratio is spread more and not concentrated on her bum or stomach... but putting on weight definitely ages a woman..
I actually disagree with that last part. I've noticed that women who are a tad on the plump side tend to look younger for longer. The thinner ones start developing wrinkles and look gaunt at a much younger age.

I do, however, agree that it's entirely based upon the distribution of fat. Two women can be the exact same height and weight, but one can look obese and the other can look more proportional. I'm 6'1 and I have a friend who is 6' and while we're within 10 lbs of each other, I look thinner than she does because my weight is distributed more evenly while she holds most of her weight in her stomach and thighs/hips. It just makes her look far larger than I am.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:52 AM

19 posts, read 19,149 times
It looks wired when women have extra fats, fat belly.If she is heighted and have more weight than it looks not ode, but if she is short in height and have extra weight than she does not looks beautiful.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:13 AM

14,489 posts, read 11,474,558 times
IM short, 5 2... and if I put on a stone in weight I go box shaped and lose my shape, so I try to keep to a weight where I look ok...not as small as I was in my forties as the weight starts to go on arms and round the middle but I try to keep to a fairly good weight for my height, but would never strive to be a size 8 or 10 ever again as it would show in my face and neck so I stick to a UK size 12..

Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,821 times
I think it depends on the person, their body type, and their age. I think a lot of older women in Hollywood look like crap right now, because they are so thin, all of their veins are sticking out & their faces look sucked in & wrinkled. I think they would look better if they put on some weight. Some people carry it well & it's not even that noticeable.

There are some younger people who look better (at least in the face) with more weight. Now, this might just be me, but I think Jennifer Hudson looked prettier when she was heavier. Her face looks sucked in now & her lips are too big for her face. Her body looks amazing though.

I also think Maria Shriver would look prettier if she put on some weight. She just looks so thin & frail.

There are, however, many people who look more attractive when they are in shape. You can't always base it on numbers...someone could be considered overweight according to BMI, but if they are toned & have a lot of muscle, they will look better than someone who is all fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or