U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 01:26 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,027,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Thanks, one direction it is.
But do you go back and forth in that one direction or do buff in one direction once and lift the buffer up off your nail and start all over? Or do you keep it on your nail and just rub the buffer back and forth? Going up and down on your nail or just up or just down?
Do one stroke, lightly lift the buffer, go back (slightly reposition, if necessary), and stroke again. Keep repeating until you get the shine you want (or until the buffer starts burning a hole in your nail! ).

When I do this, it looks like I'm going back and forth, but I'm actually slightly lifting the buffer on the backstroke.

Also, when my nails need a good buffing, I do one nail at a time. However, for touch-ups, I do all four fingers at once and work on the thumb separately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 08:49 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,132,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Hi,

I like to keep my nails natural now after years of wearing acrylics. I don't even like to polish my nails now (only my toes). One time I got a manicure and she buffed out my nails and they looked real nice.
She used some kind of oil I think and a chemie (sp?) of some sorts.

How do you buff natural nails and what products do you use? How long does the nail look good after it is buffed?

Thanks, ~Roma
I use this buffer:

Soft Touch Is It Wet Nail Buffer (http://www.nailtechheaven.com/browseproducts/Soft-Touch-Is-It-Wet-Nail-Buffer.html - broken link)

It has 3 different sides colored in gray/blue/white. You're supposed to use it in 3 steps. My nails look really shiny after that. Whether it's right or wrong, I don't buff them in one direction. As a matter of fact, the directions on the box of this buffer read: "buffing back and forth".

Can't really tell you for how long the nails stay shiny, though... I do it only when I'm too lazy to polish my nails. This way they look fairly presentable until I do it.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:14 PM

35 posts, read 195,900 times
Check out this website: seacret.com. They have the most incredibly amazing nail buffer that I've EVER seen; it works in seconds and lasts a long time!

Old 12-09-2007, 05:34 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,042,051 times
I use "Ruby Crystal"

my mom turned me on to it... she got it at a Home Show in Tucson.

Ruby Crystal - Welcome

I love mine. I actually bought 2. 1 at home and 1 i keep at my summer home.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:14 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,895,974 times
I also got my buffer and oil from Seacret, and very pleased with it. But was expensive. You can probably get the three way buffer anywhere, Sally's, etc. My hairdresser gave me a couple for free the other day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty