Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 03:25 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times

Advertisements

So with all this talk of physical attractivness I thought maybe a good thread would be to post links to good cosmetic plastic surgons to start the networking process.

I am guessing some of the best plastic surgons would cost around 20k to get a look that would get your inbox filled up like a decent looking womans. Sounds like alot but thats less than most vehicals, of course I could be way off on the price too. But I dont think most women care about what kind of car you drive.

I think it would be good to know what price point someone would need to save for to get the look they want so that they have actual options and are not scraping the bottom having to settle on critial items just to have someone they can be intimate with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 04:07 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,365 times
try posting in Angie's List

Old 09-05-2013, 04:11 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Doesn't this belong in the beauty forum, or something?

Old 09-05-2013, 04:18 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Yep.

Also, plastic surgery is for plastic people.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Yep.

Also, plastic surgery is for plastic people.
Some people have a legitimate medical reason though. Even though they been through something very unfortunate, they are still as real as any one of us.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Some people have a legitimate medical reason though. Even though they been through something very unfortunate, they are still as real as any one of us.
Come on, none of us are talking about medical plastic surgery.

OP is specifically talking about Paying Someone To Alter Perfectly Healthy Features.

A sign of mental health issues, in any other society but Western.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Come on, none of us are talking about medical plastic surgery.

OP is specifically talking about Paying Someone To Alter Perfectly Healthy Features.

A sign of mental health issues, in any other society but Western.
Actually, plastic surgery has been really popular in a certain region in the orient, though some describe it as westernization

Old 09-05-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Actually, plastic surgery has been really popular in a certain region in the orient, though some describe it as westernization
Yes the Asians are jumping on the ps boat like never before.

Mainly they want their eyes rounded. Why? Who knows...

I have an Asian friend, from Manila, and she feels extraordinarily proud and superior to her countrymen because she resembles the Spanish side rather than the Native side, with round eyes and delicate features.

Her family all called her Elizabeth Taylor because of her round eyes.

Anyway I digress, anyone can have anything done they want without me judging them (I don't really care) but I do think it is beyond tragic when women as a whole feel they need surgical enhancement. I have a young daughter and I would be horrified if she cut up any part of her already perfect self.

There's hardly any such thing as a natural beauty anymore, but I would point to Kate Middleton. None of her features are "perfect" but put them together and BOOM! One stunning young lady.

Then you've got your Heidi Montag, looked perfectly fine before, then decided she needed an entire body/face job, now looks like a shop mannequin.

Sad, stupid, and shows pretty much zero self esteem.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:52 PM

So improving yourself for the dating world is a "mental health issue"?

We have had thread after thread about this and this is kinda where everything landed. True you cant be a total tool but no matter how good your personality is your not getting your foot in the door unless your hot.

Perhaps in other cultures people are not shunned from romantic interest based on looks, if thats the case perhaps a move is in order, in fact thats what my cousin told me, to leave the country.

The same people that say getting surgery is a mental disorder are the same people that are harshly weeding out romantic partner candidates based on looks, its total hypocracy. If I jumped on POF right now with my current appearance it would be a disaster. I would be back to settling for women with kids or women who had so much baby fever it was dripping off of them.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Yes the Asians are jumping on the ps boat like never before.

Mainly they want their eyes rounded. Why? Who knows...

I have an Asian friend, from Manila, and she feels extraordinarily proud and superior to her countrymen because she resembles the Spanish side rather than the Native side, with round eyes and delicate features.

Her family all called her Elizabeth Taylor because of her round eyes.

Anyway I digress, anyone can have anything done they want without me judging them (I don't really care) but I do think it is beyond tragic when women as a whole feel they need surgical enhancement. I have a young daughter and I would be horrified if she cut up any part of her already perfect self.

There's hardly any such thing as a natural beauty anymore, but I would point to Kate Middleton. None of her features are "perfect" but put them together and BOOM! One stunning young lady.

Then you've got your Heidi Montag, looked perfectly fine before, then decided she needed an entire body/face job, now looks like a shop mannequin.

Sad, stupid, and shows pretty much zero self esteem.
I am male and am refering to men having plastic surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty