U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 07:24 PM

274 posts, read 233,130 times

Advertisements

These are nice (YSL Tribute pump)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 06:35 AM

13,433 posts, read 24,210,764 times
You can walk in those YSL shoes? You deserve a medal or some kind of national recognition. But they are beautiful!

Went shoe shopping yesterday. I tried on everything I could find. The pain was excrutiating. So what is wrong with me? I don't have any problems buying running shoes. Honest, my feet hurt 10 times worse after 1 min in heels than they do after running 10 miles. And balance.....it was like tottering about on toothpicks. I moved at a snails pace and looked like I had been drinking for hours.

So how do you do it? There has to be a secret. Maybe I needed a few drinks to sort of numb my feet.

I ended up buying a new pair of slippers. Needed them bad because my feet hurt. And some quasi sensible 2.5" wedges. But they weren't what I wanted. I wanted the Louboutin killer heels. What's the use of being able to get 1 really great pair of shoes if you can't walk in them? I'm whining.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:25 PM

3,567 posts, read 7,515,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Can anyone suggest something 3 or more inches high that is easy to walk in? I know that's asking for a lot! I desperately need some and I know there will also be walking involved. What has the most cushioning?
You should only ever wear 3 inch heels when it's past 9pm and you're going to a party. They are evening heels, definitely not daytime/workday/business attire. Go for a lower heel or a more comfortable heeled boot.

That being said, if it's past 9pm and you're going out, there are no good heels that feel comfortable. Beauty is painful

Old 11-18-2007, 05:37 PM

274 posts, read 233,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
You should only ever wear 3 inch heels when it's past 9pm and you're going to a party. They are evening heels, definitely not daytime/workday/business attire. Go for a lower heel or a more comfortable heeled boot.

That being said, if it's past 9pm and you're going out, there are no good heels that feel comfortable. Beauty is painful
Says who?

Those YSL pumps are great for running errands, even doing light shopping in my opinion!! Very sexy! They may hurt, but the look is all that matters!

Old 11-18-2007, 06:35 PM

10,121 posts, read 16,721,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintLaurent View Post
Says who?

Those YSL pumps are great for running errands, even doing light shopping in my opinion!! Very sexy! They may hurt, but the look is all that matters!
Not in this thread. This is for people with lower pain thresholds/more messed up feet. My best friend is like you. She wears adorable shoes that make my feet hurt just looking at them.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:46 PM

13,433 posts, read 24,210,764 times
Quote:
Says who?

WOW! You must have genetically superior feet. Shopping in those shoes. Can't imagine it. I would need a walker. Maybe a cute pink one but a walker all the same.

Did you start learning to walk in shoes like that when you very young? Maybe that's what I did wrong. Not enough practice.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
WOW! You must have genetically superior feet. Shopping in those shoes. Can't imagine it. I would need a walker. Maybe a cute pink one but a walker all the same.

Did you start learning to walk in shoes like that when you very young? Maybe that's what I did wrong. Not enough practice.
I have a lot of 3 inches and some 5 inchers as well. I think that I have enough shoes that even the stars on E! would be jealous.

There's an odd trend in urban women around the nation, and it's becoming more and more common: we cannot wear anything other than high heels. I can wear heels for hours without feeling pain. I cannot do the same thing with tennis shoes-- my lowers legs and achilles tendon start to hurt.

Anyways, it sounds to me like you never had to wear heels growing up. The only way to start is to push through it, bear the pain and deal with it

By the by, any podiatrist you see is immediately going to say "never ever wear heels ever, never, ever never" if you ask for their opinion.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:17 PM

5,007 posts, read 7,664,731 times
Quote:
Says who?

What do you know about wearing shoes like this, SaintLaurent?

In one of your previous posts, you state you're a "dude." Are you a man or a woman?

You're not into the Eddie Izzard thing, are you?

Old 11-18-2007, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Says who?

You wouldn't wear a cocktail dress at noon, you sure as hell shouldn't be wearing 3.5+ inch heels to work. No one would take you seriously and you'd look ridiculous.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:57 AM

324 posts, read 671,154 times
This is always such a problem- finding shoes that look great and are easy to walk in. I think it is almost an oxymoron. I saw this
video (http://better.tv/bettertv/?cid=713438529&lid=686946544&tid=1243684809&orders rc=rafbettertv - broken link) on the Style Channel on Better.tv about this same topic. I hope it helps and good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty