U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-25-2014, 09:20 PM
 
1,166 posts, read 913,872 times
Reputation: 1002

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
That's pretty much exactly what I meant.

I have those friends too. Just about every woman thinks they are good looking.

Meanwhile, I have guy friends who I think are not bad looking who have gotten little to zero attention. Every female friend I have who is not bad looking has gotten interest from at least a few dozen guys.

It's just kind of the way it is.

It changes when you get older though. Those guys are taken off the market, get married and have children.
Honestly, a lot of my tall good-looking friends stay single and do not commit. My friends are all late 20s to mid 30s. None of them have any interest in settling down.

I could think of one tall good-looking guy that settled down. His wife looks like a model and he is very socially awkward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-25-2014, 09:27 PM
 
59 posts, read 53,121 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
There are no pics in your profile.
There is now........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 2,261,855 times
Reputation: 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Honestly, a lot of my tall good-looking friends stay single and do not commit. My friends are all late 20s to mid 30s. None of them have any interest in settling down.

I could think of one tall good-looking guy that settled down. His wife looks like a model and he is very socially awkward.
It was kind of like that for me too. Once you hit a certain age, most people will settle down in waves.

It's kind of sad, but most people over 40 I know don't look to date. They fall into a few camps:

1) (Typically men) who are unattractive and have had little success in their life, so don't see the point in putting in so much effort and going through so much rejection to maybe attract someone who might not even be that good of a match.

2) Women who perhaps have lowered their standards somewhat, but the pool has shrunk massively as well, so they typically won't settle for what is left, and decide to stop putting in effort.

3) People who could date and have high value, but prefer to live a social butterfly type lifestyle, while really not dating.

Divorced people don't really count in that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2014, 09:34 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,842 posts, read 64,283,965 times
Reputation: 68688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
There is now........
Kinda generic-looking, if you ask me. Average. Try smiling, see what that does for you. It can make a big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 PM
 
1,166 posts, read 913,872 times
Reputation: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
It was kind of like that for me too. Once you hit a certain age, most people will settle down in waves.

It's kind of sad, but most people over 40 I know don't look to date. They fall into a few camps:

1) (Typically men) who are unattractive and have had little success in their life, so don't see the point in putting in so much effort and going through so much rejection to maybe attract someone who might not even be that good of a match.

2) Women who perhaps have lowered their standards somewhat, but the pool has shrunk massively as well, so they typically won't settle for what is left, and decide to stop putting in effort.

3) People who could date and have high value, but prefer to live a social butterfly type lifestyle, while really not dating.

Divorced people don't really count in that.
Yeah, I'm trying to avoid that. I'm not sure I ever want to get married, but I'd like to find a long term partner somewhat soon. Since I'm 27 and routinely get mistaken for a 20-21 year old, I'm thinking about settling down near a decent college and taking some classes there. Maybe meet some younger girls.

Unfortunately, it seems that the girls my age either don't want anything serious or have massive baggage. To be honest, I met A TON of quality girls when I was in college, but was in the player mindset at the time. Now all of those girls are either in long term relationships or marriages. It would be nice to have a redo of sorts with more of a mature outlook.

Off-topic, I know haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2014, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica, Ca
5,757 posts, read 3,195,270 times
Reputation: 13546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
When he looks at himself in a mirror and gets an instant pup tent.
Only a pup tent? Now we might be getting somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2014, 04:58 AM
 
5,368 posts, read 5,724,644 times
Reputation: 7158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
This.

Also, I'll say that a woman is a lot more selective about throwing around the words good looking, hot, and handsome than men are. They usually only reserve it for the top guys.

Guys throw around cute and hot like giving away candy on Halloween.
Truth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2014, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,321,476 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
If he is good looking he would already know it, and he would not need to ask this question.
Thats not true either.

Men, like many women I know, are their own worst critics, and can't believe that anyone would find them attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2014, 09:58 AM
 
3,902 posts, read 4,412,693 times
Reputation: 2687
Women will let you know by fawning over you and laughing at any stupid joke you say..women can get pretty weird and creepy around very good looking men
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2014, 10:04 AM
 
32,778 posts, read 22,716,611 times
Reputation: 29798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Kinda generic-looking, if you ask me. Average. Try smiling, see what that does for you. It can make a big difference.

Laughable and pretty indicting compared to what you said about the other guy's pic yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top