U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 12:45 PM

9,866 posts, read 8,007,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
How does a man know he is good looking?
Know? It's an attitude, no matter how good or bad you look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 01:04 PM

6,746 posts, read 2,619,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
How does a man know he is good looking?

Women, I'm assuming for the most part "know," being hit on a lot, flirted with a lot, looked at a lot etc.

But for a guy (me) how do I know? I never really could talk to girls past friendzoning myself until I was about 21 (Im 24 now).

I've seen a few women, and they've all directly told me I am "hot" "cute" "handsome" or a combination of.

Further, the last woman I hooked up with, and the woman who is currently interested in me, are both what I would consider way out of my league.

A few times a week, I have a random woman smile or say hello to me out and about.

On the other hand, some girls pay me no mind. Usually "girly girls" are the ones who pass me by, or go for the guys w bigger muscles or athletes (nothing wrong with their preference, just saying).

So, how do I know?
I know this is a zombie thread, but honestly what a weird question.

This would be a good question if you were blind, or didn't have any access at all to a mirror.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:41 PM

5,509 posts, read 2,591,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
when the women you are attracted to smile at you when they look your way.

btw, here is a side tip: women see a mans clothes/appearance like a guy sees women's breast. in other words, if a guy wants to get a "boob job" to improve his attraction to women, he pretty much does it by dressing well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Women flirt with you, act nervous around you and compliment you and/or ask you out. They also might stare and drool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Do you own a mirror?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I know this is a zombie thread, but honestly what a weird question.

This would be a good question if you were blind, or didn't have any access at all to a mirror.
I have a mirror. It tells me women wouldn't look at me.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:46 PM

9,721 posts, read 5,633,401 times
I never cared if someone thought if I were attractive or unattractive especially if I didn't know them. Their opinion of me bounces off my chest like bullets do to Superman.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:05 PM

6,907 posts, read 4,226,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Ha! This is an old thread!

But it's still relevant.

That's an interesting take. I dress badly! I don't care. Yet one day at the supermarket .... It must have been my charm. Checkout girls you know. She was in my league - about a five but still pretty cute when she smiled and laughed.

That would be for a very good looking man.

When I look in a mirror I don't see a good looking man. I see a five I would say. But one woman told me she thought I was a very handsome man! I didn't argue with her. Maybe her eyes aren't so good or something.

Well yeah, that would be about right.

Have fun folks.
I'll have to inform my husband that he loses points for his dress-for-comfort/function style. He's not particularly fashionable and wears a lot of graphic tees and hoodies. He still gets looks and hit on even if he's reluctant to admit it. I noticed he'd get smiles and looks when our three year old was a baby/young toddler and he wore her in the carrier. *swoon*

Old 12-02-2017, 04:35 PM

4,868 posts, read 7,128,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I never cared if someone thought if I were attractive or unattractive especially if I didn't know them. Their opinion of me bounces off my chest like bullets do to Superman.
but Superman is sexy

Old 12-02-2017, 08:58 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,244,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I thought all men just assumed that they are attractive, unless they are mentally ill, depression sort of thing.

Why else would that 50 year old bald fat man with bad teeth think he deserves a 23 year old fashion model and refuses to settle for less?
I thought the same thing....once went out with a guy who was so so in the looks department and he told me he thought he was a really good looking guy (out of nowhere)....FYI guys even if you think it donít say it out loud, makes you sound like a pompous ass, or that youíre fishing for a compliment and both those scenarios are pretty off putting.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:50 PM

3,877 posts, read 4,404,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I thought the same thing....once went out with a guy who was so so in the looks department and he told me he thought he was a really good looking guy (out of nowhere)....FYI guys even if you think it don’t say it out loud, makes you sound like a pompous ass, or that you’re fishing for a compliment and both those scenarios are pretty off putting.
men are told to have confidence no matter what now a man who's confident in himself is a jerk because you don't think he's good looking..sometimes as a man you can't win lol

Old 12-03-2017, 09:21 AM

971 posts, read 671,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
My litmus test as a man is a man that can get away with saying things that a less attractive man cannot say without facing social rebuke or accusations of being a creep. Men and women can deny this all day long, but there is a HUGE gray area where if you are attractive, these actions will be met positively, and if you are not attractive, these actions will be viewed negatively.

I used to make a lot of sexual jokes and innuendos, people would laugh and play along. Someone else decided to do the same thing, and he was met with anger, hostility, and people leaving his table.

Back in high school, someone complained to a coach that it was unfair that I could get away with making mildly suggestive jokes and he could not, and the coach and the girls responded that the way I did it was "tasteful" and the way he did it was "creepy".

I've seen it countless times sitting in the back of a social situation playing poker, observing attractive men getting away with saying things and doing things that not as attractive men could never say or do without being perceived as a creep.

It is logically inconsistent.
I was just having this same conversation with a female friend of mine. She said if George Clooney grabbed her ass for a second, it would be cute, but someone as hideous as Al Franken does the same thing and it's creepy. A lot more is tolerated by the good looking guy.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:30 AM

9,721 posts, read 5,633,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
but Superman is sexy
Since I'm not sexually attracted to men I don't see the point of your post. But oh well..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or