U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 09:30 AM

5,509 posts, read 2,591,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I was just having this same conversation with a female friend of mine. She said if George Clooney grabbed her ass for a second, it would be cute, but someone as hideous as Al Franken does the same thing and it's creepy. A lot more is tolerated by the good looking guy.
But you and the poster you quoted are talking good looking. I would think that it's more about sexy looking (to the ladies).

I think even less good looking guys who come across as attractive and/or sexy can get away with the same things.

I remember a not very good looking man being liked by the ladies because of his cheerfulness and humour. Personality!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 09:40 AM

72,708 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
But you and the poster you quoted are talking good looking. I would think that it's more about sexy looking (to the ladies).

I think even less good looking guys who come across as attractive and/or sexy can get away with the same things.

I remember a not very good looking man being liked by the ladies because of his cheerfulness and humour. Personality!
Bingo! I also don't believe anyone who says it would be "cute" or acceptable in any way, if some celebrity grabbed them inappropriately. It sounds like a story made up by the guys who always whine that good-looking guys never get labeled "creepy". They do; guys who behave in a creepy way get labeled "creepy" no matter what they look like. We've been through this several times on this forum over the years. Even had a specific thread on it.

Old 12-03-2017, 11:16 AM

4,868 posts, read 7,128,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Bingo! I also don't believe anyone who says it would be "cute" or acceptable in any way, if some celebrity grabbed them inappropriately. It sounds like a story made up by the guys who always whine that good-looking guys never get labeled "creepy". They do; guys who behave in a creepy way get labeled "creepy" no matter what they look like. We've been through this several times on this forum over the years. Even had a specific thread on it.
yes, this is true!! When I was 18, I had met a guy through a friend of friends who was way older than me-30 at the time. He was very good looking and a sponsored athlete, had big money and his own house. I didn't care though cause he was just so creepy. He pursued me for years, and his creepiness never wore off lol. I'm sure some other PYT has married him by now. but he'd be 43 today.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:54 PM

124 posts, read 54,056 times
Post a picture & we will tell you

Honestly as a women, it's the whole package, are you intelligent, funny, confident, successful in your own right, sweet, kind, truthful? do you present yourself well? Clothes, communication, manners, respectful. Do you have a healthy active lifestyle? Simply strive to be the best you can be with what God gave you.

If you answered yes to most of the above, the majority of people would find you attractive. If you fit nearly all the above criteria you'd be a rare very attractive commodity!!

Remember its not what others think of you it's what you think of yourself.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:05 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
How does a man know he is good looking? Well for starters, he doesn't grouse online about how picky and entitled all women are.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:51 PM

693 posts, read 276,248 times
If women don't let you know, you aren't.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:08 PM

5,509 posts, read 2,591,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles721 View Post
Post a picture & we will tell you
Yeah and then you will have to somehow give a non answer!

Old 12-03-2017, 09:33 PM

3,877 posts, read 4,404,538 times
The attention you get..

No matter the bs women spout there mostly into the same few good looking guys..every women ive ever met is attracted to my good looking friend

Old 12-03-2017, 09:41 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
The attention you get..

No matter the bs women spout there mostly into the same few good looking guys..every women ive ever met is attracted to my good looking friend
And this surprises you? When you see a group of women, are you attracted to the good looking ones or the ugly ones?

Staggering.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:00 PM

3,576 posts, read 1,067,898 times
Quote:
How does a man know he is good looking?
First, no one is good looking.
Beauty being in the eye of the beholder - there are people who a larger portion of the population finds good looking

This is relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1oMfs8nWY

Last edited by CBeisbol; 12-03-2017 at 10:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or