U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,528,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
True, but many of those characteristics you don't know until you start talking to them. So, what makes you start talking to them in the first place?
I usually either worked with them or met them in church or at a volunteer gig or even a party. Places where we had to engage in conversation, regardless of how each other looked. And sometimes it was just watching how a man interacted with other people at these places/events.

Look, guys, I know how a woman looks is important to a man -- and scientists say there are good biological reasons for that -- but, with women, once we've grown up a bit -- looks aren't all that important. If a man has all -- or most -- of the qualities I stated before, I wouldn't care if he was physically disfigured. Oh, I forgot to add -- decent job and decent income. Doesn't have to be rich. Just have a middle-class income -- enough to raise a couple of children on. I certainly don't mind working all my life (and I did) -- I just don't want to HAVE to work all my life, in case something should come up with the kids and require a stay-at-home mom (for a while or forever). With my first husband, I was able to stay home until the last kid started school. That was important to me. After that -- I worked for a total of 40 years, before kids and after the last one went off to school. We weren't rich by any means -- but the only reason I left was because we were never really compatible and became less so as the years went by. (His idea of living, when he wasn't at work, was watching TV.) When the kids finally left home -- so did I.

gawd, the LAST thing that is important in a person is looks. If you guys just learned that early on, you'd have much better lives and marriages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,683,426 times
I think people generally know where they fall on the attractiveness scale. Asking people if your good looking is pretty pointless.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 AM

219 posts, read 466,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He wants your #. Lol
well for one, how do I know if women are being nice to me, or actually find me attractive?

how do I know if women are shy around me vs just ignoring me?

etc

Old 09-10-2013, 10:37 AM

11,387 posts, read 12,653,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
you know you're hot when cougars start hitting on you while you're in line at post office or grocery store check out
"Are you staring at my package?"

Old 09-10-2013, 10:42 AM

11,387 posts, read 12,653,102 times
Quote:
well for one, how do I know if women are being nice to me, or actually find me attractive?

etc
Dude. It will come with age, experience and wisdom.

Right now, you are too young to understand.

Post a pick for the girls so they can tell you what to do. If you have the looks you may not need to do much at all.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:42 AM

219 posts, read 466,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
When you don't look like me. That's about as much as I know.
You average 15 posts per day for the past 3 years on this message board.

Maybe that has something to do with it.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:48 AM

72,659 posts, read 64,111,757 times
Quote:
How does a man know he is good looking?

Women, I'm assuming for the most part "know," being hit on a lot, flirted with a lot, looked at a lot etc.

But for a guy (me) how do I know? I never really could talk to girls past friendzoning myself until I was about 21 (Im 24 now).

I've seen a few women, and they've all directly told me I am "hot" "cute" "handsome" or a combination of.

Further, the last woman I hooked up with, and the woman who is currently interested in me, are both what I would consider way out of my league.

A few times a week, I have a random woman smile or say hello to me out and about.

On the other hand, some girls pay me no mind. Usually "girly girls" are the ones who pass me by, or go for the guys w bigger muscles or athletes (nothing wrong with their preference, just saying).

So, how do I know?
That (bolded) is how you know.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:50 AM

2,725 posts, read 3,960,411 times
Quote:
I'm not looking for politically correct bs.
That's not politically correct bull sht. That is the truth. If you are good looking, you don't need constant validation or any validation. You just know it. How is that politically correct. I'm not going to make this about me. So I'll use my friend Keith as an example. He is very good looking and he knows it. He used to date all the hotties until he got engaged. I have never heard him say that he is good looking. I've known many average looking people who go on and on about themselves. It's just insecurity. If they felt that good about themselves, then most likely they would not feel the need to tell the whole world.

True scenario. My friend Keith and I along with our friend Jimmy were sitting on the stairs to a college about fifteen years ago. Back then, it was cool to get laid every night. My friends and I used to literally have parties all the time and had many hook ups in our early twenties. There was this guy sitting with us that nobody really knew. I think he wanted to hang with us, since we were the "cool kids". I know it sounds arrogant, but that's the truth. Anyhow, this guy went on and on about this certain bar and how he hooks up with lots of women from there all the time, blah, blah, blah. My friend Keith and I never said one word. I always remember this because it reminds me that in many cases the ones not getting any are the ones doing all the talking, and the ones who truly are getting it and often most times don't say sh t.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 09-10-2013 at 11:05 AM..

Old 09-10-2013, 10:52 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times
Quote:

etc
To be honest you have to watch the way they act around you. Sometimes the signs are there. Sometimes it has to hit you in the head.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:53 AM

17,868 posts, read 17,070,521 times
Quote:
You average 15 posts per day for the past 3 years on this message board.

Maybe that has something to do with it.
15.65 actually.

That's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

It more than likely doesn't, it just shows that I've been a regular poster here the past few years.

And I live in a town that has no activities other than bars to drink at. They're trying to breathe life into the town, but they're failing miserably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or