Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 04:46 PM

43 posts, read 44,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I'm living the look I want, so no concerns with looks here. Blue contrasts with shades .

But then again there is one major factor that drags me down. I'M STILL ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON MY PARENT'S INCOME. Hopefully this changes soon. I've discussed GRA opportunities with the professors here, and Monday is my job fair, so I'm also hunting for internships. Whichever job I get first will be the one I'll keep. A GRA pays $32.5 K and I can claim credit for it, provided I put in 2.5 years of commitment. An Internship will help he get to know the company, and hopefully pave the way for a full time job. Expected salaries out of GA Tech are $85 K for masters and going for a Non thesis option enables me to finish in 3 semesters.
As are most students. That doesn't make you any less attractive to the opposite sex. We had a big underage back to school freshman drinking party raid in the last few weeks. Seems those kids are having fun too in their first year and semester of college.

I'm not in a position to laugh, but you are damn right I sure did! lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 04:56 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love R&R View Post
As are most students. That doesn't make you any less attractive to the opposite sex. We had a big underage back to school freshman drinking party raid in the last few weeks. Seems those kids are having fun too in their first year and semester of college.

I'm not in a position to laugh, but you are damn right I sure did! lol

Well, I already have loans racked up from undergrad. Doing grad school to expand my job options.

Regardless, one day I want to drive this car. My ultimate pleasure in life .

http://www.autosaur.com/wp-content/u...ment_55991.jpg

I saw a woman in her mid 30's driving that thing today. Wonder how she could afford it .

Old 09-06-2014, 05:03 PM

43 posts, read 44,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Well, I already have loans racked up from undergrad. Doing grad school to expand my job options.

Regardless, one day I want to buy myself this car and drive it around Road Atlanta. My ultimate pleasure in life .

http://www.autosaur.com/wp-content/u...ment_55991.jpg

I saw a woman in her mid 30's driving that thing today. Wonder how she could afford it .
You'll get nothing short of respect from me for making a reasonable effort to live the good life. Hopefully the ladies are smart enough to see it too. You'll do fine......

Just a guys opinion.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:19 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcity View Post
What about the other way around - if a man never gets hit on by gay men, is he ugly?
probably. But I am willing to consider the possiblity that there may be some variable that might cause this I am missing. e.g he is intimidating, and would scare such me away. I am assuming he lives in a fairly large metro area where there are gay men and he goes out a lot.

Last edited by Robert5; 09-06-2014 at 05:35 PM..

Old 09-06-2014, 05:25 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love R&R View Post
You'll get nothing short of respect from me for making a reasonable effort to live the good life. Hopefully the ladies are smart enough to see it too. You'll do fine......

Just a guys opinion.
Biggest shock today for me was seeing a woman drive a Ferrari. I've seen women drive high end Merc's, BMW's and Audi's, but its the first time I've seen one with a Ferrari outside the movies. You understand my shock, right.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:35 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
This is what I've learned. Good looking doesn't mean much if you're not extroverted and a douchebag in general. I've been told my whole life I'm good looking. So what. I don't have more confidence, even if its true. I still get rejected and sh*t on by women. I've had some success over the years, but nothing to write home about. So unless you have movie star good looks, it makes zero difference.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 625 times
When you have women in public look at you. A lot.
Glances, smirks, double takes.
I was hot when i was in my 20's.
Women of all ages would flirt, grin, look... talk to me in line... etc.
I have kinda let myself go, hair fell out.
I get no looks anymore, no smiles, no chattin me up in line. As a matter of fact, now if I look at a pretty woman out in public they look away real fast and stare foward to make sure not to second glance my way and possibly send a message that my ugly ass might take as she likes me. No chance there.
So take it from a guy who was hot, and now is not. You know for sure 100% if your attractive by womens actions around you. Most likely if you need to ask U IS UGLY. U. G. L. Y. You aint got no alliby... u ugly.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:19 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Ha! This is an old thread!

But it's still relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
when the women you are attracted to smile at you when they look your way.

btw, here is a side tip: women see a mans clothes/appearance like a guy sees women's breast. in other words, if a guy wants to get a "boob job" to improve his attraction to women, he pretty much does it by dressing well.
That's an interesting take. I dress badly! I don't care. Yet one day at the supermarket .... It must have been my charm. Checkout girls you know. She was in my league - about a five but still pretty cute when she smiled and laughed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Women flirt with you, act nervous around you and compliment you and/or ask you out. They also might stare and drool.
That would be for a very good looking man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Do you own a mirror?
When I look in a mirror I don't see a good looking man. I see a five I would say. But one woman told me she thought I was a very handsome man! I didn't argue with her. Maybe her eyes aren't so good or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
A man "knows he is good looking" when he doesn't have to ask another person "am I good looking?"

It's all in what you believe about yourself.
Well yeah, that would be about right.

Have fun folks.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:30 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,311 times
I know I'm hot stuff because my Yorkie girl gives me kisses all day long. In return, she gets plenty of belly rubs and chicken. I win!

Old 12-02-2017, 12:45 PM

102,187 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Was hot. Now not View Post
When you have women in public look at you. A lot.
Glances, smirks, double takes.
I was hot when i was in my 20's.
Women of all ages would flirt, grin, look... talk to me in line... etc.
I have kinda let myself go, hair fell out.
I get no looks anymore, no smiles, no chattin me up in line. As a matter of fact, now if I look at a pretty woman out in public they look away real fast and stare foward to make sure not to second glance my way and possibly send a message that my ugly ass might take as she likes me. No chance there.
So take it from a guy who was hot, and now is not. You know for sure 100% if your attractive by womens actions around you. Most likely if you need to ask U IS UGLY. U. G. L. Y. You aint got no alliby... u ugly.
Another new member, resurrecting a 4-year-old thread. What's up with that? Is today "Dredge up 4-year-old threads" Day, or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty