U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:29 PM

1,315 posts, read 3,364,537 times

Advertisements

the more you wash the oilier it gets...I usually wear a hat when I go out so the pollutants and sun and dirt don't get to my hair and will do a quick vinegar rinse if I think it needs it, a little argan oil on the ends and air dry it..do less is my suggestion...you don't need to shampoo hair at all (there are alternate ways to clean hair than suds) unless you want to make the makers of shampoo wealthier. fekkai that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 10:51 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Every other day.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:36 AM

5,901 posts, read 7,950,044 times
Pic of my amazing hair, wash it about 3 times a week, and take really good care of it, hope it gets noticed in the picture

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-15-2013 at 04:55 PM..

Old 09-15-2013, 06:36 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,792,291 times
I couldnt go a day without washing-gross. I've been around people that dont wash regularly and can not only see oiliness, but it has a dirty smell. Once it was a co-worker and I couldnt stand working next to her.
I know some people have different hair textures that dont require daily washing, but I wouldnt be caught dead with hair not washed-even one day. I do not condition daily because my hair isnt dry, but my kids have to wash and condition daily.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:41 AM

2,385 posts, read 5,570,641 times
Everyday !

Old 09-15-2013, 08:45 AM

21,465 posts, read 22,706,474 times
I wash and condition every day. I have read that it's not great for the hair, but it feels and looks gross if I don't, and I don't really want to go around looking like a hobo until my scalp re-regulates itself.

For those who don't wash every day, do you wet it and restyle it every day, or what?

Old 09-15-2013, 11:20 AM

5,901 posts, read 7,950,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I wash and condition every day. I have read that it's not great for the hair, but it feels and looks gross if I don't, and I don't really want to go around looking like a hobo until my scalp re-regulates itself.

For those who don't wash every day, do you wet it and restyle it every day, or what?

I dont wet it everyday, it gets freezy. I use it long and loose and i just comb it and thats it. Problem will be when hot temps start (october), i will have to use my hair in a pony tal and arrange it a bit more cause hot weather/loose hair arent a good combination.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:28 AM

4,615 posts, read 6,118,415 times
Quote:
I shampoo and blow dry my bangs every day because they get oily, but the rest of my hair, which is long and thick, on the days I don't wash it, I don't have to do much to it. Just brush it a bit, touch up some of the curls with a curling iron, or put it in a braid or bun, or whatever.

I have had keratin smoothing done on my hair and it made my hair very stick straight and flat. All of the volume was gone. It was the first time I could understand people who needed to wash their hair more often. If that was my hair texture all the time, I would probably shampoo every other day, or at the very most, every three days, because I am lazy.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:36 AM

4,099 posts, read 3,390,521 times
Default Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Okay, apparently I'm the only one with thick/coarse/curly hair here! Because if I shampoo and/or condition more than TWICE in a week, my hair gets completely frizzed out. Not to mention, it takes like 5-6 hours to dry, and I can't exactly blow-dry this mane... so if I washed it daily, I would practically always have wet hair.

P.S. I've asked most of my hairdressers if I'm doing things right, and they all say absolutely. With hair like mine (typical "Jew-fro" but quite long), those natural oils are essential for keeping it non-frizzy and healthy. Oh, but don't worry - I shower more often than my hair gets washed.
I was beginning to think I would not reply because...I have very thick, fine, curly hair and I only wash it once a week. Truth be known, in the winter I could go for two weeks, however, due to the ick factor I rarely do.

Quote:

For me, I just spritz it with water and comb through. Rarely do I blow dry my hair because that would mean a lot of product and a lot of heat sources, from blow dryer to curling iron, to curling brush, to hot rollers...and some combination thereof.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:50 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,361,398 times
I'm a smoker so I'm forced to wash daily. Although I normally just wash & don't condition. Bad I know but my hair is so curly and unruly that just washing is enough. Conditioning this type of hair is too much work. I have 3B hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or