U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 06:57 PM

10,427 posts, read 7,517,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post
It's very important. I put it on every time I leave the house.
I put it on every time I put a shirt on, even if I just changed shirts because I can't decide. Is that TMI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Status: "A delicate snowflake with the vote of a wolverine." (set 1 day ago)

13,268 posts, read 7,447,170 times
I'm a woman who just hit my late 30s and it seems like I'm sweating like a pig all the time. Of course our climate is hot and humid (SE TX), but I've lived here a lot of years and this is a recent change for me. I haven't gained weight either. I have to deodorize a couple times a day usually. I also have to switch brands of deodorant every few months because for some weird reason, they stop working after a while.

My husband is an odd bird. Not only does he never use soap, he only uses deodorant about once a week. He doesn't use shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, or aftershave either, since he shaves his head bald and doesn't have sensitive skin. He never has any b.o. except that one time a week he needs the deodorant. The rest of the time, he has no smell at all. I have no idea how his physiology is like that, and mine is so stinky.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:26 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,367,951 times
I do use deodorant daily, but I probably don't need to. Much of the body odors are a product of what we eat. Eat clean and your body doesn't stink.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:36 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 8,217,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I do use deodorant daily, but I probably don't need to. Much of the body odors are a product of what we eat. Eat clean and your body doesn't stink.
That would not be true in my case. I ate super clean for 1 year, a raw food vegan diet. I still had BO. I even tried to convince myself that my body didn't need deodorant, I was wrong. I think deodorant is better than antiperspirant though.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:40 PM

7,282 posts, read 8,407,047 times
Better question:

How important is your deodorant to other people?

Old 04-07-2014, 07:42 PM

4,424 posts, read 5,218,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Sure and if i eat a chocolate bar my farts will attract women for miles around

My deodorant wearing started when i was 10.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:14 PM

7,778 posts, read 9,634,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
i do not agree, an 8 year old should not be wearing deoderant.
i would not want all those chemicals in my childs body at 8 years of age, no way, no how.

use a bar of soap, that should do the trick.
Surely, people know a child does not need deodorant until their body goes through puberty.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:21 AM

255 posts, read 315,420 times
I won't go anywhere without deodorant. I even make sure I have some in my car in case I forget. It doesn't happen often since I put it on when I get dressed or after I shower, but sometimes when I am in a rush I do. So I am thankful for having that deodorant there.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 AM

628 posts, read 799,222 times
What puzzles me is how people survived when deodorant hadn't been invented, and there was no television to convince anyone they needed it. Was every social interaction a worrying experience, as people fretted over whether they were going to offend someone else, or be offended? I can't believe it was. In fact the birth rate was higher, so obviously people were getting close to each other!

Old 04-08-2014, 11:40 AM

1,170 posts, read 749,843 times
For all those who say they don't need it - you likely do but people are either used to you, equally smelly, or don't know how to tell you. Even if your teeth aren't scummy I'm assuming you still regularly brush them? Change your sheets before they're visibly dirty?

This is not to say that people should douse themselves in perfume, be clean, well groomed, prevent odor and we're all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty