U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:53 PM

206 posts, read 193,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think you are either a t shirt under a shirt kind of guy or you are not. I am not. I haven't worn a t shirt under a shirt ever in my life, it is just too hot IMO that way. As for getting more than one wearing out of a dress shirt without washing it...........ewwwww ! I can't imagine wearing anything but trousers twice without washing them. But that is just me.

Don
How can you guys stand a sweatshirt or hoodie without one?

Bend over and your boxer shorts waistband pops out....AND/OR....cold air hits your bare back.

Yikes!!

I'll leave out the CCW reason......

Cold on warm body......yEeEyYyYAAHHHHHH!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 10:54 PM

14,022 posts, read 17,018,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I am currently an adult biological male and I almost never wear undershirts. As for my chest hair, I trim/shave (at least most) of it.
Currently? It's considered a permanent condition.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:19 AM

29,653 posts, read 32,059,264 times
My husband always wore them with his dress shirts. My son hasn't yet but last time he wore a white dress shirt it was rather thin and he said he felt 'exposed'...lol.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:30 AM

11,319 posts, read 21,954,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadGalBee View Post
Okay this is going to be the undershirt issue revisited. Do you realize how ridiculous you look with a t shirt sticking out of your polo collar, or the outline of a wifebeater under your dress shirt? There is no reason to worry about "too much chest hair" unless you have unbuttoned THE FIRST FOUR buttons. I realize many many people do this but I think it is a ridiculous look, and doesn't look very "proper."
In some areas of the country, it's done for warmth. :-) Also, some types of dress shirts will show chest hair through them unless you wear an undershirt which I think looks a lot worse.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:05 AM

2,890 posts, read 5,176,405 times
I don't find man nipples attractive poking from a dress shirt, or wet armpits either.

Woven button shirt - undershirt.
No buttons or knit polo shirt - no undershirt.

Same goes for women - wear a bra or camisole beneath a button shirt.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:11 AM

833 posts, read 555,453 times
I like for my hubby to wear them for a few of the reason mentioned here: rough fabrics touching body, warmth, moisture wicking, etc,. But I ALSO like for him to wear one with his light colored dress shirts for the same reason we females wear slips & camisoles. Gives him a more finished & smooth look AND HIS MAN-BOOBS AREN'T SHOWING!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 12:05 PM

2,736 posts, read 3,717,585 times
I wear V-necks and regular white undershirts during the winter time but don't want to wear them under short sleeve shirts in the summer. It is too hot here in the summer. I especially like to wear colored tees under long sleeve sport shirts in the winter. I don't have much chest hair so that is not a concern.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:31 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,301,822 times
Good topic OP

It got to thinking, sometimes it is to cover chest hair though I am always buttoned so that is not a problem. Sometimes it is for extra warmth without having to wear and or carry around a jacket because it would be too hot then. But many other times I do not wear anything underneath my nice shirts.

But under short sleeve polo shirts, I NEVER wear shirts.

Sweating is rarely a factor unless I have not showered in a while, but sweat itself is odorless.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:32 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,301,822 times
Oh and I never wear those "wife beaters" (odd name) ever, too ugly!

Old 09-19-2013, 04:27 PM

56 posts, read 87,556 times
When I saw this post, the first thing I thought was - because it keeps them extra warm in the winter.
LOL Just my take on things ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty