U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 05:20 PM

324 posts, read 493,132 times

Advertisements

I used to be off the charts 10, now I would be generous if I gave myself a 4. Aging and child bearing can destroy some women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 05:48 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,217,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Seriously?
Well,it can be proven men hit on ugly women too.

Not sure what your point is..

Old 09-25-2013, 06:20 PM

598 posts, read 476,256 times
In general, I think women have a distorted view of themselves when it comes to just pure looks because we have higher standards of beauty than do men. For example, I think Angelina Jolie is beautiful. So if anyone asks me, "do I think I am physically beautiful?" I compare myself to Angelina and the answer is a resounding no. However, if someone were to ask me, "do you think other people think you are physically attractive" then I would say yes just based on personal experience. Funny enough, the personal experiences are not based on my experiences with men. They are based on what other women have said to me. I think I value women's opinions because they know all that women go through to look a certain way (makeup, push-up bras, hairstyle, etc.).

I was trying to explain to my husband the other day that a lot of women get all gussied up for other women and not necessarily for men. He was confused, I was also trying to explain to him that women's "natural" look that he prefers isn't natural at all but requires make up and hair to be worn a certain way to achieve the natural look. Needless to say, he was even more confused.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:22 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,437,255 times
I am Mr cellophane
but late in life I've found a market for those who like cellophane

Old 09-25-2013, 06:34 PM

9,457 posts, read 16,420,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayerdu View Post
I was trying to explain to my husband the other day that a lot of women get all gussied up for other women and not necessarily for men. He was confused, I was also trying to explain to him that women's "natural" look that he prefers isn't natural at all but requires make up and hair to be worn a certain way to achieve the natural look. Needless to say, he was even more confused.
Shh, they're gonna kick you out of the woman club if you give away all our secrets.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:54 PM

598 posts, read 476,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Shh, they're gonna kick you out of the woman club if you give away all our secrets.
I think I can still keep my woman card because he was buying any of it.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:59 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,081,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
First off, attractiveness for women and men are extremely different. Men for the most part go solely based off looks. Women go based off looks THEN see if theres more they like ala attitude, personality, etc. Looks don't matter as much for women as it does for men.

If people say you look like a famous person...thats usually a good sign. Most famous people are famous for two reasons: they are amazing at their skill or they are very good looking and pretty good at their skill. People say I look like Sly Stallone all the time...world famous action star...can't be a bad thing right?
We all different standards of beauty. I think most celebrities are good looking, not "very good looking" Stallone is attractive to some people but I would 't say he has the the type of attractiveness everybody finds attractive. Very good looking would be younger Bratt Pitt, George Clooney, and Paul Newman. Those men are just the type that turn heads and even make straight guys gay.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 PM

113 posts, read 169,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
This might sound dumb (it probably is), but do you think is there a way one can know their worth in terms of looks?
...if you do, how so? cause im clueless about it being oblivious about my real looks for 30 years
First of all, I consider anyone who would post a photo of a total stranger and announce that it is "ugly" just might be uglier.

I'd feel better if you removed the photos for fear you might really hurt someone's feelings. That seems a little cruel.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:45 PM

5,901 posts, read 7,954,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
First of all, I consider anyone who would post a photo of a total stranger and announce that it is "ugly" just might be uglier.

I'd feel better if you removed the photos for fear you might really hurt someone's feelings. That seems a little cruel.
cant edit my posts now
just googled "ugly woman" and this pic appeared, sorry

good news are: with new regained confidence, she could end up looking like Jessica Alba

Old 09-27-2013, 05:41 AM

9,457 posts, read 16,420,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
cant edit my posts now
just googled "ugly woman" and this pic appeared, sorry
I'm guilty of the same. I was talking via email with an old boyfriend I hadn't seen in over 20 years and googled up a picture of a fat lady and sent it to him and told him it was me. It was one of those ones like they used to put on greeting cards where she's lying around in a skimpy negligee and eating lots of candy. He thought it was pretty funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty