U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 02:17 PM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,678,752 times

Advertisements

Its got a lacy fringe and its a camisole.
Are you just being obtuse on purpose for some political notion of yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 03:06 PM

5,190 posts, read 3,806,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Maybe a "true" cami in the lingerie sense, but that is not what the OP posted a link to. The term camisole is now used to cover a tank top such as the one the OP posted a link to used for modesty sakes, to be worn under another garmet to cover cleavage, etc. it is meant to be seen. In this case, NOT underwear IMO.

Today at work I am wearing a V neck sweater with a camisole (tank style) underneath to keep my cleavage from showing. I am not walking around showing my underwear.

This would be more in line with "underwear" style camisole:
http://www.delicates.co.uk/photos/Th..._1001-1011.jpg

Not a knit style as the OP posted.

Had she said she wore a lingerie style cami, sure. That is way too sext for a job interview!
In this post, you keep saying that you wore a cami UNDER other clothing, not as a blouse. So you are proving our point.....

This should not have been worn as a top to a job interview.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:10 PM

8,685 posts, read 8,904,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
In this post, you keep saying that you wore a cami UNDER other clothing, not as a blouse. So you are proving our point.....

This should not have been worn as a top to a job interview.
Yes. I never said it was okay to wear only as a top for an interview. I was just saying that I disagree it is "underwear"

Old 09-24-2013, 04:17 PM

11,168 posts, read 6,651,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Yes. I never said it was okay to wear only as a top for an interview. I was just saying that I disagree it is "underwear"

So its not underwear... but it is something you wear under clothes?

Old 09-24-2013, 04:37 PM

3,279 posts, read 3,781,580 times
Call me a pig, but if I see a woman like that, I'm STARING. If she doesn't like it, she can cover up. I think that reality is why many workplaces other than (say) Hooter's have dress codes, and that Hooter's and such don't have them is because men staring isn't just a reality, it's the very idea. But at any other workplace, men aren't supposed to be sexually harassing women, totally understandable, but at the same time you can't wear an outfit like that and then complain. An outfit like that is just screaming "look at how hot I am."

I completely understand that the days of saying a woman was raped for how she dressed was asking for it are over, and well they should be, no woman asks to be RAPED I don't care how she's dressed or how much she's advertising. However, staring is not rape. Men are visual, they like attractive women, an outfit like that is all but "advertising." It's fine at the club or when you're out on the town, but not at work around men who are trying to work.

LRH

Old 09-24-2013, 05:18 PM

3,844 posts, read 5,122,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Camisoles are UNDERWEAR. In an office environment, they are worn underneath a shirt, not instead of a shirt. You wear it over your bra, and under your shirt.

If you didn't want to hear opinions of whether or not it was appropriate, you shouldn't have come here and asked for them.

Yeah, this is something I would wear to go to bed in during the warmer months.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:09 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,561,955 times
One note about panty hose, wear them, or at least look professional. , and no flip flops for job interviews.

Don't do it. Even if you are under age 30, and attractive. Even if you live in Miami.

Last interview I had was on the telephone, even then, I dressed for it. That may sound like over kill, but I think it made a difference in my thought process.

Last edited by jasper12; 09-24-2013 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: Dit

Old 09-24-2013, 06:21 PM

14,361 posts, read 20,647,499 times
Yup, underwear, it was inappropriate.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:42 PM

955 posts, read 1,842,580 times
Funny enough i wore this exact cami to a job interview today in black......but i wore it under my shirt I first tried it just with the jacket and i found it too "sexy" for a job int. & not professional enough so I wore it under my shirt because i always have issues with shirts fitting on my chest area so with the cami under the shirt, no snooping allowed

Old 09-24-2013, 06:43 PM

21,164 posts, read 22,188,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytxeast View Post
Call me a pig, but if I see a woman like that, I'm STARING.
It's called manners. For someone who is constantly going on about how his kids know appropriate behavior and know well to fear a good old fashioned paddling if they slip up, I find it interesting you don't hold yourself to that same standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty