U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-20-2013, 09:03 PM
 
9,454 posts, read 15,010,253 times
Reputation: 15406

Advertisements

Is anyone else addicted to Clinique products?

I've used their products for 20+ years, and have no intention of changing. My skin is very sensitive, and I've found their products to be compatible with my skin type, without irritating. I have "crossed over" from the oily skin products to the dry skin, anti-wrinkle products. I feel I have nice skin, and who knows if its due to Clinique, or....I'm just naturally beautiful? Whatever....you have only one skin, use what works!


Its one of my few luxuries, and I live for Clinique Bonus time...I just love all those generous samples, etc. Well, ok, gotta have something to look forward to....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2013, 12:26 AM
 
Location: Redmond, WA
559 posts, read 682,345 times
Reputation: 737
My Mom, it's always on her Christmas list. Some kind of "foundation" and certain shades of lipstick, LOL, to a guy it seems like there's a million of em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 08:08 AM
 
23,902 posts, read 31,123,865 times
Reputation: 28539
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Is anyone else addicted to Clinique products?

I've used their products for 20+ years, and have no intention of changing. My skin is very sensitive, and I've found their products to be compatible with my skin type, without irritating. I have "crossed over" from the oily skin products to the dry skin, anti-wrinkle products. I feel I have nice skin, and who knows if its due to Clinique, or....I'm just naturally beautiful? Whatever....you have only one skin, use what works!


Its one of my few luxuries, and I live for Clinique Bonus time...I just love all those generous samples, etc. Well, ok, gotta have something to look forward to....
I stopped using them when they discontinued the one product that I have used longer than anything else. Turnaround cream. I was so pissed, I just decided to let my money talk for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 08:27 AM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 28,516,023 times
Reputation: 19578
You know, I used to use their products and now that you mention it, I really did love them. I don't remember why I stopped. Probably the cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:40 PM
 
9,454 posts, read 15,010,253 times
Reputation: 15406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethe View Post
My Mom, it's always on her Christmas list. Some kind of "foundation" and certain shades of lipstick, LOL, to a guy it seems like there's a million of em.

Do be sure you get the bonus gift when you purchase your mother's makeup. Usually its free if you spend $50 or more, and you do get a lot of nice things with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 01:45 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,659 posts, read 64,111,757 times
Reputation: 68401
I can't hack what smells like petroleum fumes in the Clinique products. I wonder what the use in their formulas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 05:08 PM
 
9,454 posts, read 15,010,253 times
Reputation: 15406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I can't hack what smells like petroleum fumes in the Clinique products. I wonder what the use in their formulas.

Strange...I never smell anything in their products. Its one of the reasons I prefer them, no competeting fragrances. But now it seems they have waaaay too many products. Seems there a cream for every wrinkle I stick with their soap, clarifying lotion, and the basic moisturizing cream, and whatever I get in my bonus packages!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2013, 06:00 PM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 28,516,023 times
Reputation: 19578
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Strange...I never smell anything in their products. Its one of the reasons I prefer them, no competeting fragrances. But now it seems they have waaaay too many products. Seems there a cream for every wrinkle I stick with their soap, clarifying lotion, and the basic moisturizing cream, and whatever I get in my bonus packages!
I have never smelled a petroleum smell either..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2013, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Reputation: 25975
I like Clinique. It us one if few mainstream brands that has foundation to match me. Sadly I am the top of the range so I have no idea what people darker than me use.


On an autocorrecting iDevice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2013, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Prospect, KY
5,288 posts, read 17,482,726 times
Reputation: 6515
I use their eye cream, although years ago I used many of their products. For years I have used a mixed bag of products for skin care and makeup. Lancome, DHC, local goatmilk soap, Givenchy, Mac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top