U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,538,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So you actually "revise" your wardrobe each fall then. See, that's totally NOT gonna happen for me. Unless an item is no longer wearable, my "fall wardrobe" looks pretty much like last year's.

But clearly you are speaking as if you live at home...so you are a youth then? In which case, that is completely different as you are still growing.
I am 21 years old. My body size keeps changing all the time. Most of the clothes I owned 5 years ago wont fit me now, because they are too small.

I have also lost a couple pounds through working out in the past 1 year. The Jeans I owned last year no longer fit me any longer without a tight belt because they are too wide, so I had to go shopping for belts. Its not like I want to keep changing my wardrobe, its the fact that I need to so that my clothes fit me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 09:10 PM

23,945 posts, read 31,164,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I am 21 years old. My body size keeps changing all the time. Most of the clothes I owned 5 years ago wont fit me now, because they are too small.

I have also lost a couple pounds through working out in the past 1 year. The Jeans I owned last year no longer fit me any longer without a tight belt because they are too wide, so I had to go shopping for belts. Its not like I want to keep changing my wardrobe, its the fact that I need to so that my clothes fit me.
Then of course at your age, you will require a change in clothing sizes. My son is 20, almost 21, and is growing all the time...I have to buy him new shirts every year due to his growing shoulders and arms. His height seems to have stabilized thank goodness!

Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 PM

68 posts, read 61,131 times
Quote:
I would like to see what all of you consider necessary.
Nothing special for fall. I just wear what I wear in summer (t-shirt, jeans, hoodie). Even in winter I just wear more, no other things.

--
~skywalker~

Old 10-15-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~skywalker~ View Post
Nothing special for fall. I just wear what I wear in summer (t-shirt, jeans, hoodie). Even in winter I just wear more, no other things.

--
~skywalker~
Unless you live in the Pacific northwest, Isn't it too hot to wear jeans and a a hoodie in the summer . Its 67 F here, and I was sweating in a hoodie just minutes ago.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:14 PM

68 posts, read 61,131 times
Quote:
Unless you live in the Pacific northwest, Isn't it too hot to wear jeans and a a hoodie in the summer . Its 67 F here, and I was sweating in a hoodie just minutes ago.
I live in Germany. Currently we have 45 F here with light wind. Yesterday morning it was 41 F and raining ...

--
~skywalker~

Old 10-16-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~skywalker~ View Post
I live in Germany. Currently we have 45 F here with light wind. Yesterday morning it was 41 F and raining ...

--
~skywalker~
That's typical Thanksgiving weather here in NJ. Perfect for a warm dinner with the family .

Old 10-17-2013, 09:46 AM

5,412 posts, read 8,287,614 times
Tall leather "riding" boots (under skirts, over jeans)
Ankle boots in suede or leather
Lightweight, belted khaki trenchcoat
Tailored, brown leather jacket/blazer
Lightweight cashmere turtlenecks in earth tones
Dark denim skinny jeans (tuck into riding boots)
Dark denim straight leg jeans (with ankle boots)
Long, gabardine wool pencil skirts in earth tones (wear with turtle necks)
Variety of crochet scarves, some embellishment ok (e.g. shimmer) as this is a main accessory
Variety of lightweight knit/crochet hats, some embellishment ok (e.g. crochet flower) as this is a main accessory
Leather gloves
Leather/embossed croc handbags

Old 10-17-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Tall leather "riding" boots (under skirts, over jeans)

Ankle boots in suede or leather

Lightweight, belted khaki trenchcoat

Tailored, brown leather jacket/blazer

Lightweight cashmere turtlenecks in earth tones

Dark denim skinny jeans (tuck into riding boots)

Dark denim straight leg jeans (with ankle boots)

Long, gabardine wool pencil skirts in earth tones (wear with turtle necks)

Variety of crochet scarves, some embellishment ok (e.g. shimmer) as this is a main accessory

Variety of lightweight knit/crochet hats, some embellishment ok (e.g. crochet flower) as this is a main accessory

Leather gloves

Leather/embossed croc handbags
If you are a true fan, don't forget your cubs hoodie with a baseball cap .

Old 10-17-2013, 08:13 PM

11,090 posts, read 6,596,198 times
Quote:
If you are a true fan, don't forget your cubs hoodie with a baseball cap .
For the fall? Cubs season is over by then.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
For the fall? Cubs season is over by then.
Whatever you say. I don't follow the MLB. I am a thorough NFL football guy, and follow NBA basketball to an extent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or