Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 08:59 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,015 times

Advertisements

I was watching the Bethany Frankel show or whatever her name is and they had a makeover theme. They had this woman who was pretty and had disproportionately large buttocks. I thought "whoa hot" but she mentioned it as her "worst feature" and the host agreed. Her "makeover" had her wearing a loose flowing shirt that hid her derriere. That made absolutely no sense, that would be like a man trying to convince women he has a really small package.

Even in general, I've heard of women not buying a dress, pants, outfit etc because it made their butt look big. Why is this? I understand for work a woman may prefer to not have her assets emphasized to be taken seriously but why is this true for so many other situations? Do women believe men like women to have small butts?

Old 09-24-2013, 09:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Some men like the well rounded butt (I have ) or the cute tiny heiny.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:11 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,574 times
A big butt doesn't necessarily make it a nice butt.

Big, unshapely butt with lots of dimples and cellulite = bad

Big, round and firm with little to no cellulite = good

Unfortunately, few women want to do the work it takes to have a big nice butt.(gotta do those squats ladies!). Most women over a certain age have big unshapely butts, so it would make sense that they would not want to accentuate that part of their body.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
Because it makes clothing shopping really hard.

Because many people think "big butt" = "fat" (ahem, look at the criticism about Kim Kardashians frame). Other people think big butt = not classy.

How about we quote Sir Mixalot "Oh my god, Becky look at her butt. It is like so big, it looks like one of those rap guy's girlfriends.... I mean they only talk to her because she looks like a total prostitute...."

Big butts, don't have the best "reputation."

Old 09-24-2013, 10:08 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Most "big butts" are NOT attractive butts. All you need to do is walk around a mall for a few minutes and this will be made painfully clear.

I can't believe anyone would even ask the question.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:15 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Women hide their butts so that people won't make jokes about their big butts behind their backs. Pretty simple. A lot of guys don't like big butts on women. Some do. It's probably somewhat of a socio-economic thing, as far as who likes that and who doesn't. A trim figure all around is the ideal for upper class/middle-upper class women. That's why minimizer bras were invented.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:39 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Because it makes clothing shopping really hard.

Because many people think "big butt" = "fat" (ahem, look at the criticism about Kim Kardashians frame). Other people think big butt = not classy.

How about we quote Sir Mixalot "Oh my god, Becky look at her butt. It is like so big, it looks like one of those rap guy's girlfriends.... I mean they only talk to her because she looks like a total prostitute...."

Big butts, don't have the best "reputation."
I think its more haterish women and gay gossip columnists making jokes about Kim's butt, her figure is most men's ideal. Also that beginning quote from Baby Got Back is intended to be a parody of a haterish preppy white girl upset that a girl with a nice butt is getting all the attention, thats why the Valley girl voice is so exaggerated and ridiculous and the rest of the video is women with booty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women hide their butts so that people won't make jokes about their big butts behind their backs. Pretty simple. A lot of guys don't like big butts on women. Some do. It's probably somewhat of a socio-economic thing, as far as who likes that and who doesn't. A trim figure all around is the ideal for upper class/middle-upper class women. That's why minimizer bras were invented.
What guys make jokes about women with big butts other than wanting to have sex with those women? I don't know what guys don't like that or what socioeconomic class has to do with it. If a company I invested in cured cancer, impotence and depression and I became worth $400 million tomorrow, I wouldn't not want a woman with junk in the trunk. I agree that most men want a trim woman but they want booty with it.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:44 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Other people think big butt = not classy.
This is reality, OP. Not every guy thinks like you do. There are all kinds of people out there with all kinds of opinions on what women's figures should look like. Diff strokes for diff folks pretty much sums it up.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:15 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times
Because there is nothing like feeling and seeing that beautiful well-shaped big backside, quivering with intense orgasmic release as the woman moans with pleasure, while in her naked glory.

Some of the best sexual experiences I have ever had, have been with women with "junk in the trunk."

Old 09-24-2013, 11:19 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Good things come in small and well toned packages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty