U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 07:53 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,447,336 times

Advertisements

This may be a bit off topic, but I love those shows from the fifties, like "Leave it to Beaver", June Cleaver is a SAHM, always wearing dress, pearls, heels. Bah Ha Ha!

How about seeing people on tv who are at the gym? Everyone is size zero, wearing spandex, all brand new, and doing choreographed Zumba in sync with the instructor! No one is even sweating!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 09:53 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I remember watching an episode of CSI and they determined a woman that was found dead was also raped because she didn't have matching bra and panties (the guy put back on the wrong pair to try and cover up the rape). One of the investigators made a comment about how since the woman was dressed nice she also would have been wearing matching underwear. That episode had to have been written by a man who is single. Who else would think all women walk around in matching bra and panty sets?
Ha, I don't even think I OWN a set of matching bras/panties....unless you count my black bra and few pairs of black panties, but they're plain cotton so not exactly sexy, and not exactly meant to be matching.

Besides, maybe I'm just gross but I wear the same bra a few days in a row before washing them as long as I'm not sweating or anything. Now I'm supposed to have a bunch of pairs of matching underwear? And my bras are expensive enough (the joys of being busty!) so there's no way I'm paying $80 for a bra, then $20 a piece for a bunch of matching panties.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:09 AM

26,867 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ha, I don't even think I OWN a set of matching bras/panties....unless you count my black bra and few pairs of black panties, but they're plain cotton so not exactly sexy, and not exactly meant to be matching.

Besides, maybe I'm just gross but I wear the same bra a few days in a row before washing them as long as I'm not sweating or anything. Now I'm supposed to have a bunch of pairs of matching underwear? And my bras are expensive enough (the joys of being busty!) so there's no way I'm paying $80 for a bra, then $20 a piece for a bunch of matching panties.
You should alternate a few bras in the rotation. Helps them last longer. . Switch daily with 3 in rotation.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:16 AM

40,885 posts, read 32,658,014 times
Quote:

You got that right, sister.

I do have about three pairs of matching panties and bras, and damn, they were expensive. Like you, I don't (and can't) go cheap on bras, and then you throw in a matching pair of panties and you're at over $100 for the set! SHEEZE! I save my matching sets for when my husband's been gone a few weeks and I'm picking him up at the airport!

Old 10-06-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You should alternate a few bras in the rotation. Helps them last longer. . Switch daily with 3 in rotation.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
I have 4 in rotation now, but the one I wear depends entirely on the clothing over it. Sometimes I'll be wearing outfits that require one bra for a few days in a row so that's what I get to wear. Stupid boobs.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:54 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
I have 4 in rotation now, but the one I wear depends entirely on the clothing over it. Sometimes I'll be wearing outfits that require one bra for a few days in a row so that's what I get to wear. Stupid boobs.
I know the feeling. Still looking for an awesome plunge. Small shifts in weight impact my band size and now most of mine are too big. And the wires are wide. Boo!!!

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:38 PM

4,187 posts, read 4,212,558 times
Boobs.

I have nothing further to add to this discussion. Please continue.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I know the feeling. Still looking for an awesome plunge. Small shifts in weight impact my band size and now most of mine are too big. And the wires are wide. Boo!!!

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Have you tried the Cleo Jude? It's my absolute favorite bra right now and fits super well.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:06 PM

1,463 posts, read 1,812,263 times
LOL I wear a bra to bed, but not just a bra, I wear PJ pants and a t-shirt. Never some matching set, either. More comfy cotton type, not some dolled up set like on TV.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:10 PM

17 posts, read 19,473 times
Default Olivia Pope

dresses pretty professional. Even though idk exactly what her job is supposed to be. Btw if you're not a real southerner please leave this thread. jk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or