U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 01:32 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,416,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss07 View Post
I used to work with this girl who everybody thought was really beautiful physically. She always had makeup on, hair curled, form fitting clothing.

There were a few times where she did not have makeup on, and it was shocking. I heard so many guys say "She's cute, but she needs makeup"
The thing is, she wasn't unattractive, she was cute, but since she always
had dramatic makeup on (deep red lipstick, black eyeliner) her natural face did not look very good looking without it.

I had this other friend who was also like that, except she took it further.
I'm not sure what she used, but she would make her chest about 2 sizes bigger. I always wondered what it was like for guys she was dating. You think she's a c, find out she's an a.

I don't wear makeup but I always wondered about women who wear makeup all the time, especially dramatic makeup.
Do they wear makeup everywhere? Do they know how different they look without it? The remarks guys make about them without it?

Some of these women aren't bad looking, so why wear so much of it?
Most of the time I wear eyeshadow, mascara,and gloss or lipstick and that's it. The kids I work with tell me they don't notice a difference. That good be a good thing or bad. lol. I was always told I have a great rosey complexion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 01:34 PM

3,844 posts, read 5,105,836 times
I remember seeing a picture of Marilyn Monroe without makeup, and she was just as pretty without. Me, not so much. I don't pile it on though. Just a tiny bit.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:11 PM
JL

7,311 posts, read 11,478,620 times
For me it can be a huge let down. If i see a beautiful woman with makeup and then one day, she doesn't wear it, it can be frightening. I've noticed this at work. Some of these women that i thought were gorgeous were just blah....

Old 07-05-2010, 01:50 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Hah, frightening? Really? That's some good (or just ridiculously heavy) makeup, if it can take you from frightening to nonfrightening.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:40 PM

29,610 posts, read 31,914,576 times
"makeup" = "something to make up for what nature didn't give you"

Old 07-05-2010, 06:18 PM

660 posts, read 1,188,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I've yet to meet an "intelligent" women--at least one in a class with me.
You have a lot of growing up to do with a comment like that!
Just because you're "Book Smart" doesn't make you "Street Smart" or "Business Savvy" which in the real world also count.

And to stay on topic: I wear makeup because I want to, not because I'm supposed to. Yes, I do think there is societal pressure for Women to wear
makeup, but it also depends on where you work and whom you hang out with.

Last edited by ladysovereign; 07-05-2010 at 06:31 PM..

Old 07-05-2010, 06:37 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,628,292 times
Some women are good-looking without makeup, some women look absolutely stunning without makeup, and then there are the women who just look sorta plain without makeup. Genetic lottery, I guess.

I've seen all three kinds and I don't really care.. whichever works for them, though I do think women look much sexier when they're all dressed up and stuff.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:32 PM

2,788 posts, read 4,238,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss07 View Post
I used to work with this girl who everybody thought was really beautiful physically. She always had makeup on, hair curled, form fitting clothing.

There were a few times where she did not have makeup on, and it was shocking. I heard so many guys say "She's cute, but she needs makeup"
The thing is, she wasn't unattractive, she was cute, but since she always
had dramatic makeup on (deep red lipstick, black eyeliner) her natural face did not look very good looking without it.

I had this other friend who was also like that, except she took it further.
I'm not sure what she used, but she would make her chest about 2 sizes bigger. I always wondered what it was like for guys she was dating. You think she's a c, find out she's an a.

I don't wear makeup but I always wondered about women who wear makeup all the time, especially dramatic makeup.
Do they wear makeup everywhere? Do they know how different they look without it? The remarks guys make about them without it?

Some of these women aren't bad looking, so why wear so much of it?

One thing I cant wear is blush, I put in on like a clown

Old 07-08-2010, 11:13 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
If you're wearing so much makeup that you look like a completely different person without it, it goes without saying that you're wearing too much.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:23 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,519,881 times
To me make up is simply about making the best of yourself , it highlights your best features but needs to be restrained and natural.

Flawless skin is very rare and a little powder or foundation will even skin tone without having to look caked on. I hate heavy make up but a little is simply a little helping hand for most of us.

I have very good skin for my age but it is very sensitive and I find that make up also helps to protect my skin from the elements.

A good skincare routine is essential though and much more important than make up IMO. Many women spend a fortune on cosmetics and yet do little in terms of looking after their skin which seems like bolting the stalbe door after the horse has bolted.

We do all need a little confidence and I think most women still face the world a lot better with a little coverage. Nothing wrong with that as long as it's natural .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or